Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

30 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That ICON solution outs the grid overnight Thursday, period -

Yeah most of the guidance today actually has that menacing look of all those mesolows going off into Cape Cod Bay and up into the gulf of Maine. Doesn’t get much more classic than that for icing look...maybe we hold the high in a little longer in a perfect setup...but those mesolows are sort of making up for it as they act to advect down the cold Maine dews. 

Were also starting to see a second high pressure build in from the NW late in the game...might have to watch that. It’s in response to the more sheared look in the upper lakes and Midwest. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will’s starting to get that icestorm tingle 

Nah...it’s just one run of many more to come, and many more possible solutions as well.  The next run will show something else..it’s that kind of winter.  

Do yourself a favor, and don’t get hooked on any one look.  You’ll be happy you did come Tuesday/Wednesday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I have zero confidence in the Euro.  It went from a 972mb low at Lake Huron to a 987 low in the gulf of ME @ hr120 in just one run, lol.

Here’s the subtle change at H5 that manifests itself later on....more sheared and positively tilted. Not a massive change but it causes a big shift in the sensible wx later on

52458C3B-8ABA-4EF8-B17C-DBF2F961932F.png

F1438FE5-A336-49CD-97E5-43D3061EFEEA.png

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

I have zero confidence in the Euro.  It went from a 972mb low at Lake Huron to a 987 low in the gulf of ME @ hr120 in just one run, lol.

Ya it’s not very stable anymore at all.  

But the take away is this is still changing big time..its just another solution.  In actuality, it’s better to not expect much in SNE at this point...I think the odds are we see mostly rain from all of this, than anything else.  

But Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised come Tuesday on modeling? But I’m doubtful currently.  

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sheared is the way to go...said that this AM while the forum was imploding.

Yeah I’m leaning that way too. Fast flow with big gradient...that’s not conductive to deeper phased solutions. 

But we’ll see. Seems like we roll a lot of snake eyes this winter. But no reason to start throwing away money by betting on snake eyes again just because it happened a few times previously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah I’m not sure what some people were looking at. It most definitely was not snowy 

What I saw was snowy.....Raul saw the same thing....it’s not debatable on those images but I guess some vendors are putting it out differently.  Even my friend Tip made a point of pimping the ice storm potential.

• Haha 1

Just now, 8611Blizz said:

Good news.  Keep the ice to minimum or not at all if possible.  Would much rather rain then ice from a practical standpoint.

Well the colder route would probably mean some ice in these current runs...but these are gonna change a lot over the next couple days.  So I wouldn’t be worrying about ice or anything just yet.  Could just end up a cold rain for most.  

Lots to figure out yet.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah most of the guidance today actually has that menacing look of all those mesolows going off into Cape Cod Bay and up into the gulf of Maine. Doesn’t get much more classic than that for icing look...maybe we hold the high in a little longer in a perfect setup...but those mesolows are sort of making up for it as they act to advect down the cold Maine dews. 

Were also starting to see a second high pressure build in from the NW late in the game...might have to watch that. It’s in response to the more sheared look in the upper lakes and Midwest. 

...and I may be an hour behind consensus here but the Euro appears to be arriving with a substantive SE adjustment... 

Ways to go -