Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, CoastalWx said:

PF stands for Powder Feet on this run. Jesus. And a grid collapser for SNH.

Prob a grid collapser all the way back into ORH and maybe even N CT this run...ignoring 2m temps on GFS. That mesolow sig is classic. Prob ice almost to 128 or even closer in E MA for a time. 

Again...it’ll change more before verification. But those mesolows oriented NE to SW are absolutely classic ice storm look. 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

TT not the best vendor but this setup looks like Pike+ deal. CT on the wrong side of the gradient yet again. 

I totally expect this to be the case until proven wrong, and I hope I am wrong sooner rather than later...It just is not our winter, 3-4 days out but there are more reasons why that last system cuts into the lakes and rains for most. I assume most north of NYC sees some frozen prior, but 1 inch of slushy mix is not that exciting, especially followed by heavy rains.

At least the GFS came south a bit from 6z.....

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob a grid collapser all the way back into ORH and maybe even N CT this run...ignoring 2m temps on GFS. That mesolow sig is classic. Prob ice almost to 128 or even closer in E MA for a time. 

Again...it’ll change more before verification. But those mesolows oriented NE to SW are absolutely classic ice storm look. 

Yeah I didn’t dig into  it deep on my phone, just a quick glance and I was like holy crap LOL. Impressive verbatim.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I totally expect this to be the case until proven wrong, and I hope I am wrong sooner rather than later...It just is not our winter, 3-4 days out but there are more reasons why that last system cuts into the lakes and rains for most. I assume most north of NYC sees some frozen prior, but 1 inch of slushy mix is not that exciting, especially followed by heavy rains.

Yea. Zero expectations here. Hedging mostly wet. We’ll see if we can claw our way to some sloppiness though. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

PF stands for Powder Feet on this run. Jesus. And a grid collapser for SNH.

Welp, all downhill from there.  

I’ll be pissed if I don’t get 20+ inches in the next 6 days.

I can’t imagine what this forum would be like if the GFS just painted that axis through SNE.

881CC321-1FB6-409C-8E68-4740D8BA14C9.png

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Are there any signs of any possible negative and positive PNA, Staind cold air for at least a week? If there's nothing in sight than this winter is definitely done. It was a disappointing winter, but the good news is, God willing of course.. LOL, that we will have a another winter that's consistently full of snow and cold.

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Welp, all downhill from there.  

I’ll be pissed if I don’t get 20+ inches in the next 6 days.

I can’t imagine what this forum would be like if the GFS just painted that axis through SNE.

881CC321-1FB6-409C-8E68-4740D8BA14C9.png

Your tightrope is ten times thicker than mine,  plus mine has a harlot shaking the line as I walk across 

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

You would think ONE storm would get us

You can flip a coin a hundred times and still never be guaranteed it will come up heads.  Frustrating, I know, especially if the Nor'Easters show themselves in Spring when we don't want them.  At this point I'm hoping for at least one region wide warning event from NYC to Maine just so everybody gets in a decent event but I'm not betting on it. 

• Like 1