Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

17 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

We're kinda in-between. Culturally more NYC than New England, but we're a sort of boundary area between both forums.

Weather wise, we are definitely not NYC or even their suburbs. From everything I have read/seen we average around 40-45 inches here. Not being from around here, this area has more of a New England vibe than it does a NYC/NJ one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Weather wise, we are definitely not NYC or even their suburbs. From everything I have read/seen we average around 40-45 inches here. Not being from around here, this area has more of a New England vibe than it does a NYC/NJ one.

It does, even the NYC CT suburbs closer to NYC (Darien, New Canaan etc..) have much more of a NE feel than the NYC NJ suburbs. Especially the heavily wooded areas. Lots of old time NE there.

Reminds me of the Metrowest suburbs around here, just with bigger homes there. Idk, maybe it's all the rockwalls

27 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It’s a new england vibe from architecture, culture, topography, and climate but geographically I still consider us a far northern burb of nyc. Danbury has a big population that works in the city and being in the same nws coverage area or a NYC sports fan also causes me to lean my thinking a bit more. But, it’s close imo.

24 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That's about the same snow as sites in the Jersey Highlands 25-50 miles west of NYC, but many of that area's residents work much closer to Gotham, so culturally the vibe is NYC/Jersey.

24 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It does, even the NYC CT suburbs closer to NYC (Darien, New Canaan etc..) have much more of a NE feel than the NYC NJ suburbs. Especially the heavily wooded areas. Lots of old time NE there.

Reminds me of the Metrowest suburbs around here, just with bigger homes there. Idk, maybe it's all the rockwalls

That to me is a very New England thing, even more SNE than anything.  I think of Woodstock, CT when I think of rock walls.  They border like every property.

49 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yeah we're like 40-45" average yearly. It's definitely New England, but it feels different than the rest of the state. At least to me. And the commuter patterns include the city and NY transplants. NYC Metro includes Fairfield County and sometimes New Haven County in the more ambitious maps.