Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. A little more pull below thins out the press above. Too delicate until inside D4.

I feel like next week will set the tone for the month, assuming blocking does not develop before March...often in these gradient patterns the timing with respect to the orientarion of the high keeps repeating throughout entire succession of waves.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel like next week will set the tone for the month, assuming blocking does not develop before March...often in these gradient patterns the timing with respect to the orientarion of the high keeps repeating over the entire succession of waves.

If we are (easier for you) on the good side then could be a good stretch but if not...it’s the final nail in the coffin. 

Heh..  yeah, the front coming south in future guidance ... almost seems with massive climo weight they might pick up on that sooner or later.  Might help confidence.  It occurs to me, this is a fast approaching thing.   Funny, I was hung up on the last debacle and this is really day 5 which isn't terrible for verification - just not slam dunk range either. 

actually this year it seems we need it 10 minutes out but that's another thing -

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look at these dates. That 89 90 hemispheric pattern analog from mid Nov looks so true.

IMG_20200131_120233.jpg

IMG_20200131_120840.jpg

Somewhere, way back in some November thread, that I’m way too lazy to search for, is my regular post citing my fear of the rubber band snapping back hard after such a cold start, ala 1989. As usual, I had no scientific reason but even a broke clock is right twice a day for the wrong reasons. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Somewhere, way back in some November thread, that I’m way too lazy to search for, is my regular post citing my fear of the rubber band snapping back hard after such a cold start, ala 1989. As usual, I had no scientific reason but even a broke clock is right twice a day for the wrong reasons. 

Yes we had that discussion and fear of a similar pattern.  I hope it's wrong . Todays EPS looks better 

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Yea. Hopefully it snaps back our way to save the tail end but that also would mean a cool/damp start to spring. 

27 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It’s crazy that January was as ridiculously warm as November was cold.  Like -6.5 and +7 for the two months up here.  

Mother Nature loves her averages.  At least in January we can absorb that and still see average max temps below freezing (just barely)...but it’s been a lot of highs in the 25-35F range all month it seems...which is real warm for interior N.VT in January.