Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, weathafella said:

Flying under the radar in all the angst is the fact that this morning is normally cold.  Feels like winter.  17/8 here.

Kind of knew when this weekend went OTS there would be extreme posts like Kevin's. It's an either or world with the youngsters,no in between.  15 here for the low.

This 1/20 pattern change is not bad 

mostly drier and above normal

this coming weeks weather besides today’s useless cold am should be comfortable and unless we snow , F the cold. 

Seems we still haven’t lost the stormy period w wintry chances beginning around the 8/9’th , thou we could prolly lock in more cutters as well, nobody wants 2-4” w precip issues . 

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are fooking done . 

14 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Winter is over...know it, accept it, embrace it. It's time to move on...making up fantasies of about how things can change isn't going to make it a reality. Just think summer thoughts...hot tubs, sun tanning, sexy cumulus growing in the sky, thunder, lightning, hail...ahhhhh that's better 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Rays last snowmap of the season drawn last night... and for flurries . What a kick in the balls after all the promises of a great looking February from many 

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't worked out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not necessarily saying epic March, but...

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't workesmd out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not saying epic March, but...

No one expected or called for an entire loss of Dec 20- Feb 10. The heart of winter with basically one snowfall for the SNE region as a whole. As you know by latter Feb and Morch it’s different and not really the same winter feel even if it snows . It’s spring sun and melting. There is no sugar coating a terrible winter forecast by everyone. Every single one has been atrocious 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, reel it in, boys.....middle of winter was always supposed to blow after the quick start. We have had some chanceams the past 5-6 weeks, but it hasn't worked out. Its always been clear that the PAC would remain awful and we would await NAO/AO assit. If that does not come, it will remain very mild. I still think skme help will materialize, but probably not until latter Feb or March, at this rate. In the mean time, enjoy the warm spell and hope that we can luck out and avail of EPO dump with a well timed wave.

I'll update this weekend...but no big changes. This reminds me of 2017-2018 a bit...not necessarily saying epic March, but...

Would love to see a very cold stormy end of Feb and March with lots of snow. Would make for some very interesting threads 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one expected or called for an entire loss of Dec 20- Feb 10. The heart of winter with basically one snowfall for the SNE region as a whole. As you know by latter Feb and Morch it’s different and not really the same winter feel even if it snows . It’s spring sun and melting. There is no sugar coating a terrible winter forecast by everyone. Every single one has been atrocious 

I disagree. I think mine has done well....granted I was not extreme enough with January warmth, but I am satisfied.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He gone. Wonder how many names he accumulated. We all know one.

The cold is there, it looks like the storminess will be there. Knowing that blocking tends to show up in the mid range, hopefully something will popup when we least expect it. Completely different story if Canada is torching...Last year I think I had a total of 9 inches of snow from January/February combined then ended up with almost 20 inches in March, so maybe March delivers again to salvage things....

• Weenie 1