Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

10 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

sne and i 95 will get a least two blizzards between now and march 3 still going for lots of snow too . disagree with those that winter is over its not . best weather person is brad field  from ct he has pod cast .

Ya, what does Brad say? I bet he doesn’t say we are getting two blizzards in the next 5 weeks as you are.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I disagree. The Vortx will be in Canada. Cold is not the issue.

Well I am no expert on that but what I do see is a quick do you see me and now you do not 3-4 day scenario and at the end of the 12Z a weak potential with the 10 mb.  But again I am just a cartographer that gives me some slight map interpretation skills that you may or may not have; and that is your area of expertise I assume. So you will have to take that with him, still it is both fun  and frustrating watching the plan of nature come together.

This January was hot.  These are some pretty crazy monthly departures... 

BTV... +8.0

MVL... +7.2

MPV... +6.7

It’s pretty impressive we’ve been able to at least get some snow and keep it on the ground this month.  Guess it shows how cold January in NNE should be when it’s +7 to 8 and our mean max temp is still below freezing.  

31/14 is +7...guess we can still survive at that departure in mid winter.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Rays last snowmap of the season drawn last night... and for flurries . What a kick in the balls after all the promises of a great looking February from many 

Hoping for an April of 2002. Hoping to get the tanning started early...last summer I was down to an SPF 8...I had a pretty cute glaze of tan going...very nice and symmetrical all over the body.

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

This is still a February discussion, just wonder what are chances are for events in 2-4" and if we will see a 6"+ storm for southern areas by April 1st.  

There will be chances. The pattern will probably produce a cutter or two as well. Just the nature of the strong +NAO/-PNA with cold dropping down into Canada. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gefs has a coastal signal for the 7th. Let's see how long it takes for that storm to fade.

It's odd but the GEPS seemed to have the SE ridge and RNA positioned correct while the GEFS has this more favorable. I say correct as from what I am hearing the EPS does not look too hot. Probably why the GFS still shows fantasy snows while non existent on the EURO and CMC.

In any event great update by Isotherm. 

• Like 1