Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I would take it. 

I don't have the whole snowpack fetish so I'm completely fine with getting pounded with snow and then having it go away in a few days. When snow starts piling up it leads to more hassle than it's worth 

I hope they have to shut down BDL for the month of march for you then.

• Weenie 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I would take it. 

I don't have the whole snowpack fetish so I'm completely fine with getting pounded with snow and then having it go away in a few days. When snow starts piling up it leads to more hassle than it's worth 

i will enjoy it a little, but I prefer snow dec/jan/feb... march i can care less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Nice...good call. Seems like that's exactly what is happening. 

I think I've read around some saying this happening earlier in winter...unless I completely misread. 

Hell maybe we'll have a blockbuster March...not totally unrealistic and it happened as recently as two years ago 

I was never on the big early blocking train....my idea of a variable early NAO in December leading to an active and wintery pattern worked out...but I expected the PV to be kicking a$$ and taking names again by the holidays for an extended  period right through the heart of winter.

Second half I had dependent on the atlantic and high latitudes....without it, early spring. My hedge was towards at least one good period of NAO, so waiting on that.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was never on the big early blocking train....my idea of a variable early NAO in December leading to an active and wintery pattern worked out...but I expected the PV to be kicking a$$ and taking names again by the holidays for an extended  period right through the heart of winter.

Second half I had dependent on the atlantic and high latitudes....without it, early spring. My hedge was towards at least one good period of NAO, so waiting on that.

yeah your December call was pretty damn good...I was real excited after December (especially since BDL pulled off like 26'') but we just couldn't keep it going. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah your December call was pretty damn good...I was real excited after December (especially since BDL pulled off like 26'') but we just couldn't keep it going. 

I expected more a December PNA than what materialized, and January was warmer than I had....only flaws, so far.

I did have January mild, though...tough to forecast +6 months in advance, though I did that for February 2018...huge signal for obscene warmth.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I expected more a December PNA than what materialized, and January was warmer than I had....only flaws, so far.

I did have January mild, though...tough to forecast +6 months in advance, though I did that for February 2018...huge signal for obscene warmth.

yeah I don't think there is anyway possible you could forecast something that obscene months out...unless of course you had a blaring signal like in 2018. 

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Still quite a lean west at hr 114, east of Mass on the EPS....I agree with most that this is slipping away, but its not yet past tense.

There are def. more western members close to the Mass coast here on the 12z EPS relative to 06z....worth watching.

EPSCOM.png

• Thanks 1