Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This has sped up too which isn’t a good thing if you want the main northern stream energy to dive in. 

It’s close to gone 

and to Clairify ...gone means ...less than warning event 

which without blocking almost always happens to “ potential” phases 

maybe ...like the good ole jack Clark ...we can connnect on a bomb about one of of 15 times

12 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

this is supposed to be a Feb Discussion thread, but it quickly morphed into a single storm thread....secs starved weenies, INCUDING mods!!!!

If you read back a couple pages there has been discussion on every thing related to NewEng weather for the month. An upcoming storm will always dominate the discussion until it’s own thread is created around d4, maybe later today. Not sure what is so wrong about this that you have to throw mods under the bus?

What ever analogy we want to use....too many turds in the bowl; or too many pigs in the feed sack, it's all the same.  Too much energy/SW's that never ever come together like they should for a strong system by us.  I said this yesterday when Dendrite posted the picture of all the SW's all over the place, and he said good luck trying to figure this out.  Those rarely deliver imo.  

The Euro will seal the deal in 90 minutes or so, it'll be east/a whiff for sure, and that's gonna be that.  

Sure, Yes this can turn around like boxing day did on a dime; but the Tenor so far is for disappointment this winter...and this is following right along with that idea...to a "T."   If this indeed does go down the toilet like its looking like currrently.  I'm ready for Spring around here for sure.   

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If you read back a couple pages there has been discussion on every thing related to NewEng weather for the month. An upcoming storm will always dominate the discussion until it’s own thread is created around d4, maybe later today. Not sure what is so wrong about this that you have to throw mods under the bus?

calling mods weenies is throwing them under the bus.. lol

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie still a pretty good hit for eastern areas (minus the bias of flooding the marine air) and Maine. Advisory type event in western third to half of SNE.

that's a good sign, hopefully EURO start ticking west a bit.. we've all seen bigger moves from the GFS so not throwing in the towel yet.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie still a pretty good hit for eastern areas (minus the bias of flooding the marine air) and Maine. Advisory type event in western third to half of SNE.

Aaaa, it's trending in the wrong direction too...it's just still Hung over from the bender it went on last night.  It'll be a whiff on the next run.  And the Euro will close this out for sure in an hour with a whiff/Miss.   Man, the winter that just can't deliver rolls on....

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Aaaa, it's trending in the wrong direction too...it's just still Hung over from the bender it went on last night.  It'll be a whiff on the next run.  And the Euro will close this out for sure in an hour with a whiff/Miss.   Man, the winter that just can't deliver rolls on....

Dude, relax. Head your own advice...”it’s 4/5 days out anything can happen”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What ever analogy we want to use....too many turds in the bowl; or too many pigs in the feed sack, it's all the same.  Too much energy/SW's that never ever come together like they should for a strong system by us.  I said this yesterday when Dendrite posted the picture of all the SW's all over the place, and he said good luck trying to figure this out.  Those rarely deliver imo.  

The Euro will seal the deal in 90 minutes or so, it'll be east/a whiff for sure, and that's gonna be that.  

Sure, Yes this can turn around like boxing day did on a dime; but the Tenor so far is for disappointment this winter...and this is following right along with that idea...to a "T."   If this indeed does go down the toilet like its looking like currrently.  I'm ready for Spring around here for sure.   

As things stand right now, every winter forecast that called for a cold and snowy winter stands as a complete fail.  There is still some time left to raise the grade from an F to a D/C but the time to do so is getting shorter with each passing day.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Why would anyone even think about tossing in the towel when nothing has come onshore yet out west?

we get all kinds of conflicting data on this.. has to be onshore or not..i guess i wonder how the west coast mets forecast if all their weather is affected by stuff offshore.. maybe I'm simplyfing things.. IDK. 

maybe that is it.. west coast mets have less to worry about? northern streams and southern streams.. interactions etc

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dude, relax. Head your own advice...”it’s 4/5 days out anything can happen”.

You're correct.  But it just has that "Feel" unfortunately.....the feeling of the season has showed it's hand....and it can't be changed.   I know, it's a stupid idea, but it has that feel.   I hope I'm wrong.  

You like to Hedge Berg...what's your call for the upcoming 12z Euro?  I think it will be a Whiff....more east and progressive due to the western ridge flattening out...not good signs.