Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We've been reduced to asking for ICON maps at day 6.

That's good for a 5PPD in and of itself.

I thought the 00Z eps was a little tamer than the 12z yesterday, though I know that the OP looked better....most of the insane 940-960 solutions were gone and they were shifted east, thus not as close to the cape.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea but I have noticed it’s done fairly well inside d5 this year. It tends to be the most tamed too while other guidance shows zonked solutions. 

Eh, I kind of been watching it and i would still be shoveling this past weekend's storm.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't paid enough attention to it to know.

There are way too many computer forecast models out there. It's nearly impossible to analyze each and every one...at least to the degree which is needed to construct the most accurate/logical forecast you can make. Just too much data/information to consume. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

There are way too many computer forecast models out there. It's nearly impossible to analyze each and every one...at least to the degree which is needed to construct the most accurate/logical forecast you can make. Just too much data/information to consume. 

I scan them all, but usually ostensibly focus on the EURO in my blog visuals...for the sake of brevity.

Otherwise Easternmassweather would be Typhoontipweather.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It’s a weak model but we use the nam more, discuss it often...yet it sucks. Like anything, if you know your data enough then it has its uses.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I scan them all, but usually ostensibly focus on the EURO in my blog visuals...for the sake of brevity.

Otherwise Easternmassweather would be Typhoontipweather.

I just stick with NAM, GFS, and Euro...otherwise it just gets too complex and confusing. 

Anyways in the case of this upcoming weekend's event I'm just really focusing on how the models are handling the potential evolution of the pattern. With all these shortwaves, shortwave troughs, and pieces of energy involved we're going to get a million different sfc projections between now and the end of the week and they're all really meaningless anyways...unless of course we start getting a better handle on just what s/w or two will be the main focus. 

Given this seems largely phase dependent we could see the next 10 solutions show all snow, rain, fish storm, cutter...wouldn't really matter 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I just stick with NAM, GFS, and Euro...otherwise it just gets too complex and confusing. 

Anyways in the case of this upcoming weekend's event I'm just really focusing on how the models are handling the potential evolution of the pattern. With all these shortwaves, shortwave troughs, and pieces of energy involved we're going to get a million different sfc projections between now and the end of the week and they're all really meaningless anyways...unless of course we start getting a better handle on just what s/w or two will be the main focus. 

Given this seems largely phase dependent we could see the next 10 solutions show all snow, rain, fish storm, cutter...wouldn't really matter 

You don't use the number 2 best model the UK? Wow that's not good