Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

We're still 2-3 days before this is even gets picked up by the mesos and mid range models. That's an eternity. Everything on the table and everyone still in the game. Ride the ensembles for now. 

945 over Nick's fanny with you in the cross hairs had to raise the weenie a bit this morning 

Yeah I don’t hate the look this morning. I’m just not that invested yet. It’s 6-7 days out. 

There are plenty of ensemble hits. Not a lot that go west and a lot of whiffs. Hoping for a bit of a NW trend isn’t the worst spot to be at this range.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hazey said:

We're still 2-3 days before this is even gets picked up by the mesos and mid range models. That's an eternity. Everything on the table and everyone still in the game. Ride the ensembles for now. 

I hope you get crushed with 40 cm of snow and blowing snow down Halifax, and I will be happy with 15-20 cm.  So I will call it hoping for a Blizzard Warning the first in what?  Three or four years?  It has been awhile and quite honestly we are overdue for a storm of that caliber. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’ll give a little peak under the covers, don’t kid yourself. 

I honestly don’t care much , ya ...it’s strange ...but I don’t 

prolly another marginal airmass , only thing I’m loosely following is the Chance of More promising long wave pattern after first week in February 

when u basically punt January it’s not a good year and if it is your climo sucks , and these are the posts nobody needs lmao  

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, SnowEMass said:

Exactly.  Mid range whiffs typically produce better for our area when the time comes than mid range runners or cutters.  

I don't think there's anything different with respect to the modeled verifications.  My sense is it's most likely due to a mid-range runner/cutter can still alter it's path from earlier modeling by a couple hundred  miles and still deliver rain (or colder rain).  That same variance on a snow event can result in whiff and rain and everything in between.

32 minutes ago, Round Hill WX said:

It is going to be very difficult to achieve the type of storm we need to get snow with this 250mb jet just racing zonally. No way to bomb and turn up the coast. 

9A507B4F-6BE7-4D68-B8CB-B8D09AB04158.png

Took from another thread. 

Disclaimer - for discussion purposes only. This does not reflect my view or constitute "trolling". This should not be viewed as a measure to stoke a negative response from the audience.

28 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I don't think there's anything different with respect to the modeled verifications.  My sense is it's most likely due to a mid-range runner/cutter can still alter it's path from earlier modeling by a couple hundred  miles and still deliver rain (or colder rain).  That same variance on a snow event can result in whiff and rain and everything in between.

I meant in terms of producing snow.  More frequently does a whiff come back to smack us with a SECS or greater than a runner/cutter finds a colder solution.  

3 minutes ago, SnowEMass said:

I meant in terms of producing snow.  More frequently does a whiff come back to smack us with a SECS or greater than a runner/cutter finds a colder solution.  

It's usually because cutters can go through Michigan or worse....so if they trend 400 miles east it is still a rainstorm. We're usually not tracking storms 300 miles east of George's Bank (maybe occasionally, lol).

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's usually because cutters can go through Michigan or worse....so if they trend 400 miles east it is still a rainstorm. We're usually not tracking storms 300 miles east of George's Bank (maybe occasionally, lol).

That is true, but you know yourself how a system of gulf origins usually trends in the final few days before verification..