Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 25-26 Threat

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Down slopers are screwgied

SE flow... wet snow falling east of the Spine and rain/mixed falling west of the crest.  Good upslope forced ascent cooling on eastern slopes while western side is seeing downward motion and mixed or rain.

Probably the same NW of the Whites, with upslope cooling over the terrain and then downslope warming/mixed to the northwest of the high terrain.

83038057_4092084417483680_11097097742172

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah nice pulse of moisture moving into the Spine.   Should be able to add a couple/few inches overnight.

Snowing with much better flakes down here in town too.

Maybe this storm has more redeeming value than first assumed...

Jan_26_7pm.gif.ad651c1637995325d2718c60e842efdf.gif

I have been art my office since 4:00 or so.  Wasn't doing anything when I got here but my wife just texted that the roads are covered at home.  Guess I should look out the windows once in a while.

Just now, mreaves said:

I have been art my office since 4:00 or so.  Wasn't doing anything when I got here but my wife just texted that the roads are covered at home.  Guess I should look out the windows once in a while.

I noticed J.Spin is on it in the NNE thread... I guess its probably time for us to migrate to that.

A mighty 31-page storm thread in January that ends up being a N.VT party... what all the members here fear.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I noticed J.Spin is on it in the NNE thread... I guess its probably time for us to migrate to that.

A mighty 31-page storm thread in January that ends up being a N.VT party... what all the members here fear.

Don’t get me wrong - very happy to have gotten my sloppy inch and a few of upslope instead of a washout, but us it really a party when in mid January in Northern New England we get a little elevation snow after almost a week of cold and dry??? It seems more of an April standard. Or Jersey. :)