• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 25-26 Threat

HoarfrostHubb

Speaking from myself, it's really difficult to integrate the new ECMWF into an early morning forecast. The ECMWF comes out late, which means that you would have to wait to do your grids until the last minute, which often isn't reasonable. Here, we here need to issue a good chunk of our forecast by 330 AM local, the ECMWF starts coming out around 215-220 AM local. 

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My guess it's b/c the euro has been a bit inconsistent with ULL track and how H5 and subsequent features evolve...the GFS has been a bit more consistent with the evolution/track of the ULL

The 00z Canadian and ECMWF both have the 500mb low over New England, it's the GFS, if anything that looks like a bit of an outlier. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That Dec 3rd comparison tossed down toilet too now 

The whole thing from the beginning was a shot in the dark, period!  The storm is POS.  The whole season to date is a POS.   Stupid to say, but I'm ready for spring(at least in SNE..keep NNE getting the goods so we can Sled) on Jan 22nd already.  

This reminds me totally of the 80's.  This is how it always was...something looks half way decent from afar, but then goes to crap as it draws closer.  Personally I have a bad feeling Feb doesn't really improve either.  The Rat is Back unfortunately.   Those who think Feb is going to improve...I'd be worried of another busted seasonal outlook?  This season just aint got it in SNE.  

Hope I'm wrong, but it just has that taste.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

See Lighthouse if you want to observe brilliant acting and a chillingly disturbing movie...

Funny thing is it’s been generally cold.  That epo dump did the trick but now it goes.

Yes, but that's the thing with Lousy winters, you just can't get the ingredients to all come together; and this season can't seem to boil water, let alone put a few ingredients together.  Not good.  And not looking good going forward either currently.  Disappointing.