Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 25-26 Threat

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like an occluded hit or miss Swiss cheese snow map lol. 

That one got plenty far enough.  Don’t need to rip this up the Hudson or CT Valleys.  

F3934DF6-1FCC-4400-BB5F-FD04DA46D15F.thumb.png.aeb2ae61a2375f57db34a935e5fdf258.png

you are in a bad "good" spot ...yeah, southern parts of NNE would start to have problems with a more N trend. But it'll all be about lift and banding. It's early to make declarations but I think it's probably a reasonable solution at this point

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. Up there is just a different feel though. I like deep woods, smell of wood burning, long and deep snowpacks.

I'm "citied" out from the snow. It's just such a pain in the azz here at this point. 2015 was fun but that broke my back.

Between the MBTA, traffic, shoveling... I would do it again in a heartbeat but I'd rather live in the interior, as long as I'm close to civilization. 

Thank God I have two parking spots now, where I live.

I forget you spent time up in Maine in the snow belt didn’t you for college?  Man the time flies but shows how long the core group on here has been around.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

you are in a bad "good" spot ...yeah, southern parts of NNE would start to have problems with a more N trend. But it'll all be about lift and banding. It's early to make declarations but I think it's probably a reasonable solution at this point

Once these systems mature though it’s like hit or miss mid-level banding.  Just sit and spin and one zone can get 8-12” while another area just happens to fall in mid-level subsidence and gets 2-4”.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. Up there is just a different feel though. I like deep woods, smell of wood burning, long and deep snowpacks.

I'm "citied" out from the snow. It's just such a pain in the azz here at this point. 2015 was fun but that broke my back.

Between the MBTA, traffic, shoveling... I would do it again in a heartbeat but I'd rather live in the interior, as long as I'm close to civilization. 

Thank God I have two parking spots now, where I live.

What a snowflake 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I forget you spent time up in Maine in the snow belt didn’t you for college?  Man the time flies but shows how long the core group on here has been around.

I was at Bridgton Academy in 2010-11. I fell in love with the area. Really wanted to coach and teach there but the money wasn't feasible.

My GF won't go for somewhere that remote. Will have to be somewhat near a metro area, an hour from Portland wouldn't cut it.

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Two shoulder surgeries, spinal fusion in my neck, and three herniated discs in my lower back will do it to ya. Don't let ur kids play football.

I'm getting epidural shots tomorrow morning into my spinal cord. Fun!

Ugh sorry to hear man. Hope it goes well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Two shoulder surgeries, spinal fusion in my neck, and three herniated discs in my lower back will do it to ya. Don't let ur kids play football.

I'm getting epidural shots tomorrow morning into my spinal cord. Fun!

I've had 5 of those in L4, Just don't punch the tech as the Dr's injecting.

59 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

UGLY CT run, thought it would be better with the H5 look early on.

Plenty of time to go still, id be interested in the hills of NW and NE but i think we're likely (southern half) out of the game.

Yea, south of the corner hills and in death valley it’s pretty much a hail mary at this point. Guidance is always reliable with cutters and huggers. Add in a marginal airmass...the end. 

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The more you say you don't like it the more snow shows up in your area. Nice reverse pysch

Yeah I kind of LOL'd at him thinking the setup sucked for his 'hood. When you only need like 75 miles on a 5 day prog I'd like where I sit. 

GEFS solidly north of 12z. South trend is over on those...they had been trending south until this run. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I kind of LOL'd at him thinking the setup sucked for his 'hood. When you only need like 75 miles on a 5 day prog I'd like where I sit. 

GEFS solidly north of 12z. South trend is over on those...they had been trending south until this run. 

How far north?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well, coastal SNE lines up to punt on 4th and 3.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Number 5 for me last week. I still don't know why you don't like this storm for you area

Yesterday, It reminded me more of the Dec 2nd firehose storm  that kept the H5 low under LI which had the surface LP going more ENE, Not a good set up for up here, Today's trends have been north with that and has H5 tracking more thru SNE, I think this still ends up south of where it is today, And the 0z runs should start to see some changes one way or the other but another day or so will make this a bit clearer so i remain skeptical.