Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 25-26 Threat

HoarfrostHubb

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That was a joke lol. But you’re right. I’m not a fan of this look for this area. 

I’m as frustrated as you are, joking as well. But trying to take whatever I can get with each passing system because it seems like that’s all we can get this season. Enough to see flakes but not enough to remove any articles of clothing. 

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m as frustrated as you are, joking as well. But trying to take whatever I can get with each passing system because it seems like that’s all we can get this season. Enough to see flakes but not enough to remove any articles of clothing. 

I’ve had worse. However, I hate pissing away peak climo. Feb is about as good as it gets around here, but I love Dec and Jan snow. It’s tenacious.

Yeah ...s'pose it's time to divert the thread into that mash-up between nostalgia and personal tastes thing - 

For me, if winter is not cooperating by February 10, I'm out. I mean, I've gotten sun-burns in February ... It's like August - the antithesis.   You could be up in it, thick, and be diametric in three weeks.  I almost consider those months really as the transition beginnings going in either direction.  The proverbial seasonal backs usually break in those months - heralds the warning shots across the bow.   

Just knowing that the futility gets to me and stop caring.   Oh, I'll admit to hypocrisy if that historic thing happens in the spring - sure.  But, the realist in me knows that's so fleeting that it automatically shuts down any anticipation for anything other than terminating winter. And I start praying and hoping that the 2nd New England winter that typically kicks off around March 21st and doesn't end until the middle of June doesn't theft 1.5 months of the early warm season. I mean, you get the sore butt winter, followed by 42 mist until June 10... then early cool snaps with a frost in Orange Ma in August ...?  Follow that up with early recurving TC ... we're really talking some loathing  

Change hobbies..  ha! 

It's getting harder lately though.  Man, we had 80s in February a couple years ago. And one March and two different Aprils also couched wack-job heat. All of these spanning the last 4 years, too, where we then lost out to spring to cool pointlessness.   God...  don't do that again. 

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would honestly take March 2001 over Jan 2005.

So would I, especially as we got only the fringe of the big '05 event.  Biggest snowfall here for that month was 3.2" and deepest pack 13" while March '01 had storms of 7", 9.5", 16" and 19 ", the last 2 after the equinox bringing depth to 48"on 3/31.

most people here change every model run even some tv do same that why i know many people dont listen tv any more for their weather because they dont stick their forecast and change every model run . i know weather people dont change every model run because they dont use models for  their forecast  all the time .

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Pretty sure my current locale had more in 3/5/01, too..

You did. Methuen got smoked in 2001. 

Ignoring where I live, this is really a tricky setup for even the interior. What you don’t want to see,  is this tuck into snow88s fanny. That will flood 925-850 with some mild air for a time. Get this to go south of LI and it’s boomtown. I have no guess as to what may happen. I can’t help but think this may get close to the coastline of SNE. 

1 minute ago, blizzard24 said:

most people here change every model run even some tv do same that why i know many people dont listen tv any more for their weather because they dont stick their forecast and change every model run . i know weather people dont change every model run because they dont use models for  their forecast  all the time .

If I can change.......and you can change......everyone can change!!!!!

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Pretty sure my current locale had more in 3/5/01, too..

I was only 11 but have vague memories of going snowboarding over at Ski Bradford for that one. Looks like that one was a banger up here. 

This thread also popped up while googling that storm. 

SnowTotals-05Mar01.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...s'pose it's time to divert the thread into that mash-up between nostalgia and personal tastes thing - 

For me, if winter is not cooperating by February 10, I'm out. I mean, I've gotten sun-burns in February ... It's like August - the antithesis.   You could be up in it, thick, and be diametric in three weeks.  I almost consider those months really as the transition beginnings going in either direction.  The proverbial seasonal backs usually break in those months - heralds the warning shots across the bow.   

Just knowing that the futility gets to me and stop caring.   Oh, I'll admit to hypocrisy if that historic thing happens in the spring - sure.  But, the realist in me knows that's so fleeting that it automatically shuts down any anticipation for anything other than terminating winter. And I start praying and hoping that the 2nd New England winter that typically kicks off around March 21st and doesn't end until the middle of June doesn't theft 1.5 months of the early warm season. I mean, you get the sore butt winter, followed by 42 mist until June 10... then early cool snaps with a frost in Orange Ma in August ...?  Follow that up with early recurving TC ... we're really talking some loathing  

Change hobbies..  ha! 

It's getting harder lately though.  Man, we had 80s in February a couple years ago. And one March and two different Aprils also couched wack-job heat. All of these spanning the last 4 years, too, where we then lost out to spring to cool pointlessness.   God...  don't do that again. 

Many of us now take this into consideration annually with half veiled jokes about screwgie winters being followed up by wheel of 'rhea type springs that keep people at Fenway Park in lite winter jackets until Fathers Day.  That elusive -NAO will park itself from 4/1 to 6/1 and the only entertainment here will be sarcastically commenting on  the pitiful attempt at a severe season that the atmosphere mocks us with every year.

At least in the CRV we squeeze out some nice dsd days here while the peeps inside 495 still have sweatshirts on.

• Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe I’m in the minority on this , but we are close enough in now and there’s fairjy good ensemble agreement... I think I have a good chance of a 6” snowfall at least 

Great attitude , this day starts with a big hit, now the lows, many runs to go, but would hate 36F and rain.....