Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wet snowstorm potential Jan 25-26, mainly high terrain northwest of NYC

wdrag

5 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Not a great sign of the GFS is the only model showing the colder solution. However the GFS did the best overall with the most recent storm, the other models had the primary too strong and only had brief snow to rain a week out.

That’s incorrect. The gfs way to snowy and wet for the area. The nam did the best on thermals.

43 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Eps is much better to a snowstorm. Low right off the coast off Maryland parked south of long island

4FFB5E19-2DB3-4375-B27F-F9C12D4294BA.png

CFCB8AF4-0CEB-4ED0-98AD-DAFDF50DF250.png

EPS is a nothing burger. Takes the SLP into PHL. Coastal plan gets inundated with wind and high surf. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

EPS is a nothing burger. Takes the SLP into PHL. Coastal plan gets inundated with wind and high surf. 

I was just showing that the eps has a favorable track. If this takes a benchmark track and it’s a bit stronger than some of the models are showing it will snow down to the coast. 

• Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I was just showing that the eps has a favorable track. If this takes a benchmark track and it’s a bit stronger than some of the models are showing it will snow down to the coast. 

EPS is not a benchmark track. SLP heads from DC,to PHL to NYC. Tidbits image grossly misrepresents reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

18 ZGFS has significant snow accumulation all the was down into North Central NJ - north of the Raritan River - still 5 days away - plenty of time for even more changes good or bad

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

North of the Raritan is not CNJ though. Jackson is about where CNJ is. I learned this when I taught there and called it SNJ, I was corrected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowlover11 said:

Definitely a threat to watch, but definitely a thread the needle event also. As of now to reach anything significant you would have to go 50-75 miles nw of the city to be noteworthy.  Still several days away to iron that out.

IF we were to snow along I-95, we'd be relying entirely on rapid SLP intensification coupled with very heavy precip. Could be elevation driven. This reminds me of April  Fools storm 1997.

• Like 3