Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Range Threats

Rjay

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Still trolling?

It isn’t trolling. This is in no way, shape or form a snow event for the NYC metro area. Like not even close, again. You are still doing the same thing you’ve been doing since November and how has that worked out? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It isn’t trolling. This is in no way, shape or form a snow event for the NYC metro area. Like not even close, again. You are still doing the same thing you’ve been doing since November and how has that worked out? 

He said interior areas, it can still snow north of the city in late March, also for once it's the Euro that is showing the threat as opposed to the horrendous GFS.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

With all due respect, so have you, S19. And yes, we all know how that’s worked out. Enough salt was spread early in the season to keep our wounds fresh in our memory, even now. The joy and anticipation  of a possible snow event regardless of the improbability is a a testament to those, like Anthony, who will stand against the odds and dare to hope. My belated sympathies for the loss of your feline friend. I lost my little buddy just days after your loss. I put the little fellow to rest in a quiet corner of my back yard. I wouldn’t mind seeing, even though the probabilities are small, that ground covered briefly in white before the season ends completely. As always ......

27 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

We got a shot up here mid Westchester.  Not expecting much but any snow would be at least interesting. 

Haven't really had a storm like this in a while, upper levels should be okay, surface will be an issue near the coast, big worry would be it trends north in track, if the track holds it could be a wet paste for many of the suburbs. 

• Weenie 2

We’ll see how it unfolds. It will be like threading a needle at this time of the season. Plenty of model runs before this event. :popcorn:
Yeah it would be nice if we could get a night time event it might help the borderline areas. I doubt the city or the shore will get anything but N & W look like the spots to be for anything decent.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

• Weenie 1

Just now, Barman49 said:

Yeah it would be nice if we could get a night time event it might help the borderline areas. I doubt the city or the shore will get anything but N & W look like the spots to be for anything decent.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Something to track over the next few days!

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Inland areas looking good 

namconus_asnow_neus_23.png

Even inland, there’s not going to be 10:1 ratios, not even close. That map is bogus. This is a more realistic one, assuming the NAM is even right that is: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=namconus&region=neus&pkg=asnowd&runtime=2020032112&fh=66

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Nam is colder than the other models. The place to be for this one is interior NY and interior SNE.

The NAM is the coldest yea. The GFS wants nothing at all to do with Monday, even inland. It hasn’t budged. The Euro is also much warmer than the NAM. Makes me think the NAM is too cold

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:04 AM, gravitylover said:

I think part of why the totals in PD2 varied around the region because of the sleet that was mixed in at times. I got a few hours of sleet in the middle of it and the snowpack settled at least 6", more on southerly exposures where the sleet was driven into it rather than just fell on top. I know though that some friends further SE in CT didn't get the sleet as badly as I did.

it's weird that the sleet mixed in further north- with all our tech these storms still throw curveballs at us