Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Range Threats

Rjay

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It does not change the fact that there is no high latitude blocking, a strong PAC jet, and a very strong SPV. The first week of March is very likely only transient. 

we had a 7-10 day window last year-locally, we had 3 events which dropped about 12-14 inches of snow allowing us to salvage something from the ratter of last year....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I doubt it. I wouldn't be shocked to see a big storm for our area in March.

The evolution for late Feb to start March looks similar to late Oct/early November.

This would fit well with raindancewx's forecast actually. If this idea proves correct then March could turn out a lot colder/stormier than many are expecting. 

It could be a false flag but the idea of a cold end of Feb/early March is looking more likely as supported by ensembles.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

The evolution for late Feb to start March looks similar to late Oct/early November.

This would fit well with raindancewx's forecast actually. If this idea proves correct then March could turn out a lot colder/stormier than many are expecting. 

It could be a false flag but the idea of a cold end of Feb/early March is looking more likely as supported by ensembles.

The only way to save this winter would be a March Blizzard 2001 reverse redux where the storm hits us with all its fury. :snowing:

1 hour ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

The only way to save this winter would be a March Blizzard 2001 reverse redux where the storm hits us with all its fury. :snowing:

But that year had already featured a nice blizzard earlier. This year has been as putrid as they come. I guess we get our few storms early on now and then nada for the remainder with a possible shot in March, when the snow can melt as fast as it falls....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

But that year had already featured a nice blizzard earlier. This year has been as putrid as they come. I guess we get our few storms early on now and then nada for the remainder with a possible shot in March, when the snow can melt as fast as it falls....

I don't think NYC has had any days of snowcover this year outside of the day of the storm, the biggest storm of the winter the 1.8 inches from the GLC melted by the end of the night so March can't be any worse

3 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

I tend to to disagree with that with the NAO trending negative around that time

nao.sprd2.gif

IF and a big if we can get at least a -1SD NAO we might have a chance, but a fair amount of members keep it in positive territory...but based on seasonal trends (zero coastal lows too) I''ll be skeptical not to mention a marginal airmass at the end of Feb-meh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

IF and a big if we can get at least a -1SD NAO we might have a chance, but a fair amount of members keep it in positive territory...but based on seasonal trends (zero coastal lows too) I''ll be skeptical not to mention a marginal airmass at the end of Feb-meh.

Yep. The airmass sucks. Among other big issues. This is a rain event again

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3