• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

When I was up at Fort Reno, it was uncanny how ominous the sky to the NW was but then nothing as I glanced to the SW. Usually there's not such a dramatic cut off. At the south end of the cell, looking in the direction of Tysons, I saw a lowering and then an appendage coming out of it and I thought, oh, tail end Charlie, wall cloud and, yeah, that appendage is a FUNNEL CLOUD. Then I looked a little closer and realized the inner weenie had been given a bit too much leash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Annapolis in the TOR box very close to where the remnants of the couplet that started in the Riva area, we got ~1.5" of rain in the span of a few minutes, max 30mph winds, and TONS of lightning. My parents saw a boat struck by lightning in the Severn river in front of their house. They said it was smoking after being struck.

Love how it starts to split as soon as it nears my house. Plenty close enough for loud booms here and there. Constant low rolling thunder now.

Edit: Complete split. Just moderate rain atm. Heavy occasionally but not much else.

Final grade looks to be a D+

One heck of a lightning storm here in the rainforest. I was driving over the Severn River bridge and witnessed some bad ass lightning bolts. Big ole thick long lasting bolts just bombing the Severn. Looks like more storm building back around DC. I got a 1.50" here at my house in about 30 minutes. Not severe but really fun storm.

• Like 3