• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

Due to veered winds the play is right on the boundary, which as of this writing is between DC and BWI. I make no promises on terrain, lol!

Remarkable that the boundary is un-contaminated and no other junk is forecast until the main event. 700 mb Ts near just right. That is rare in the Mid-Atlantic, and quite notable.

Left front/exit of jet max will pass early; however, right rear/entrance will arrive peak heating. Also a 700 mb vort max. It is already clear on water vapor back in Kentucky. LLJ responds at the right time BWI area too.

If I'm a chaser there, @Ian this is a Go!

Discrete sups are progged. SRH will be there on the boundary. Unseasonably high Tds have promoted over-achievement the past few days here in the Tenn Valley. Should continue there. 

IIRC outside BWI is a little better chasing than around DC; but, it's been a long time since I've been to BWI. Good luck!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm only interested in Carroll County today. I'm at my firehouse this evening so I'd like to run a couple calls. I doubt this turns into anything though. We're really fighting the clouds today.

Visible satellite looks decent once you're south and east of Frederick County it seems

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm only interested in Carroll County today. I'm at my firehouse this evening so I'd like to run a couple calls. I doubt this turns into anything though. We're really fighting the clouds today.

Down here in Takoma park it’s full sunshine for a while now.  Little breeze kicking up which is nice.  Feels like a severe day at least. 

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea this is looking more and more like a Delmarva and S MD threat.

I know the HRDPS is a JV model but it definitely would imply a tor threat for Carroll for you. Even the rest of Central MD and then a linear wind threat from there to the bay and then east and south.