Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I've been missed in every direction by under 5 miles.  0.04" today.  Hope that stuff from PA blasts through in a few hours.

Exact same situation here just down the road.      I rarely get pissed off at the weather.     Right now, I'm really pissed off at the weather.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

Exact same situation here just down the road.      I rarely get pissed off at the weather.     Right now, I'm really pissed off at the weather.

Trying again now. A few giant drops, but missing by inches. Now lightning and a big thunder crack 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Trying again now. A few giant drops, but missing by inches. Now lightning and a big thunder crack 

Yeah, this is comedy watching the whiffs here today.    HRRR still says I get soaked in a few hours.   Debating whether to water the garden.....

8 minutes ago, high risk said:

Same here around Fredericksburg, haven’t had a drop in 14 days....and it seems as everything blossoms just North, South or East of where I’m located just NW of FXBG

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

Yeah, this is comedy watching the whiffs here today.    HRRR still says I get soaked in a few hours.   Debating whether to water the garden.....

I’m tacking  on a few hundredths. But still have missed 1-2” rains by essentially walking distance.

Nothing severe here. Some impressive T&L and wind. Heavy rain is what I was after, and I got that.

1.25" and it seems to be winding down now. Looks like some scattered stuff yet to move through, and maybe a round 2 later per radar. If not, I'm good with this. No sprinkler for a few days, maybe longer if the late week coastal deal delivers.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Nothing severe here. Some impressive T&L and wind. Heavy rain is what I was after, and I got that.

1.25" and it seems to be winding down now. Looks like some scattered stuff yet to move through, and maybe a round 2 later per radar. If not, I'm good with this. No sprinkler for a few days, maybe longer if the late week coastal deal delivers.

I hope we get some T&L this weekend from the late week system.

Truly a hit-or-miss day. With SBCAPE well over 4,000 j/kg regionally the risk for numerous wet microbursts existed so the watch box is more than justified. Amazing how it's so varied across the area. In Reisterstown, we've got about 4 or 5 storms bubbling up around us but nada falling from the sky.

19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Truly a hit-or-miss day. With SBCAPE well over 4,000 j/kg regionally the risk for numerous wet microbursts existed so the watch box is more than justified. Amazing how it's so varied across the area. In Reisterstown, we've got about 4 or 5 storms bubbling up around us but nada falling from the sky.

Yep it is. Dry over here all day. Still under the watch but really not expecting anything. All to the East today. Will turn on my Thunderstorm Pandora station and fade to sleep. 

2 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Is it an artifact from Dover's radar since it is located there

I researched it a little and turns out its a "wake low" which sometimes forms typically on the northern edge of a MCS squall line. I don't think it's an artifact.