• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

really need some patience.     The CAMs were not forecasting an early show here.     It will take time for the PA/NJ complex outflow to surge west and southwest, with development building along it back into northeast MD.     There is still a legit question of whether there will be decent coverage in the DC/Baltimore corridor, but IF it happens, it won't be for several hours (and could even be an evening show).

• Like 1

One thing that is "concerning" is the tendency for the storm motions around the initial Philly complex to move more SE than SW. With such weak flow, and localized boundaries, I really dont trust the CAM's skill in accurately depicting where new convection will fire. IMO they struggle when the forcing mechanisms are weak/subtle, and steering currents are light.

The CU field is mentioned in the latest mesoscale discussion. SPC thinks that the area of CU running from the DC area up to SEPA may be a corridor for new development. Also mentions the surging outflow from the storms to the north and east. 

On visible sat, the field in general looks a little more agitated now. 

The outflow is clearly visible on the satellite images as it is just barely into the NEern tip of Maryland and into Delaware. 

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Yea 3k is a deluge many areas east of Baltimore and whole east side of the bay . Sprinkler back in storage for you my friend. 

Remains to be seen. Either way, I am probably going to chase if a severe cell with a wicked hail core develops within a few miles of here. :bike:

• Weenie 1