Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

oooo lots of stuff around now, surely something will hit #desperate

If you compare the obs at Westminster to Balt. Inner Harbor and Martin State, there appears to be a weak convergence zone setting up along the I-83 corridor. Looks like jackpotville may be living up to its name today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Your yard is in the slight risk area for excessive rain. Good luck!

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

If you compare the obs at Westminster to Balt. Inner Harbor and Martin State, there appears to be a weak convergence zone setting up along the I-83 corridor. Looks like jackpotville may be living up to its name today.

I dunno guys, the one that popped up to my south has been crawwwwwling east. may just clip me, hoping the rest behind it fills in and we get some rain. 

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It's just getting started.

HREF looks pretty decent for N central/ NE MD into SE PA for a bit later.

Just now, weatherCCB said:

You will get rain today Mappy.    

Thanks guys, I'm just pouting. Hate being missed on all sides, just need some rain lol 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Thanks guys, I'm just pouting. Hate being missed on all sides, just need some rain lol 

lol that is usually what happens here. 

Been jack-potting a lot so far, but it will surely change in a few weeks at peak sun angle and when the legit heat is on, like clockwork. There will be storms within a few miles in every direction, but bupkis in my yard.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr likes i81 corridor in Va and SE Pa and it keeps the action going late in se Pa . Not much for much of central Md fwiw.

I like using the HREF as it is an ensemble of pretty much all of the relevant meso models. 

It didn't quite work out yesterday for here as most of the members were not impressive at all for my yard, and I ended up getting PUMMELED. I find it to be a pretty useful tool overall though.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just looking at radar trends and best surface Cape I'd wager Along i70 Frederick to Baltimore on south of there some looks good for some training cells as far as central Md  .I might need to borrow the sprinkler for later up this way . 

That sounds lovely let’s do that

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

So, anyone who is much more knowledgeable than me clue me in on what’s happening on radar.  Storms seem to be popping up like they typically do, but then moving back to the north and west contrary to the overall motion of the line.  Seems to be primarily in Frederick county MD.  Just an odd thing to see.  That and the big gust from that is in southern MD and VA.