Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Solid cell near Ellicott City.  Putting down some continuous CG and spiking VIL a bit.

That's the distant thunder I'm hearing here. Has definitely picked up in frequency over the past five minutes. It's going to miss me just to the north.

While just about all ensembles have this trough staying over the eastern US for the remainder of the month into the beginning May I wonder if we can get into some W/NW flow action sometime early in May (2nd week?) as the trough slowly lifts and/or shifts eastward (as shown in a number of long range ens. ATM). Just speculation at this point of course... and me thinking out loud. 

3K Nam looks active overnight. Might not be severe but has a lot of storms and heavy rain rolling in through tomorrow morning. Also has that same convection the HRRR does for Friday afternoon, but I think that's going to be a Southern MD to Eastern Shore/Virginia type deal. Almost all of us look to be too far north and west.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

LWX in their evening AFD update now mentions a risk for a few thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon... so I guess they are leaning toward HRRR?

3K NAM keeps getting worse and worse with each run. Keeps pushing those afternoon storms farther south. Latest run now has them blowing up in Southeast VA.