• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22nd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

Nah, he is right. It is one thing to say its going to rain, but alek has driven this thread into the ground with an obsession today. Low quality posting all day long.
Also, all trolling aside, the GFS is and has been a disaster for this event. Most runs through at least yesterday had no snow anywhere with round 2 and 3, but yet it's already been a nice event for parts of the western sub. Regardless of what happened over the Chicago area, argument that the GFS would be wrong applied toward it having an unrealistic huge area of >0C at 925 mb, which clearly has been wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Nah, he is right. It is one thing to say its going to rain, but alek has driven this thread into the ground with an obsession today. Low quality posting all day long.

Yeah, getting to be a little much.  I'm gonna actually have to moderate if it keeps up. 

Just now, RCNYILWX said:

Also, all trolling aside, the GFS is and has been a disaster for this event. Most runs through at least yesterday had no snow anywhere with round 2 and 3, but yet it's already been a nice event for parts of the western sub. Regardless of what happened over the Chicago area, argument that the GFS would be wrong applied toward it having an unrealistic huge area of >0C at 925 mb, which clearly has been wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GFS "upgrade" has really destroyed a half way decent model.  It is almost to the point of being useless.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stebo said:

GFS "upgrade" has really destroyed a half way decent model.  It is almost to the point of being useless.

Yeah I remember when the FV3 and old GFS were running simultaneously.  The FV3 was kind of fun to laugh at while still being able to use the somewhat usable GFS.  Once the FV3 took over it was like a sober and trashed person exchanged positions in the front seats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah I remember when the FV3 and old GFS were running simultaneously.  The FV3 was kind of fun to laugh at while still being able to use the somewhat usable GFS.  Once the FV3 took over it was like a sober and trashed person exchanged positions in the front seats.

I don't know what the internal discussions were within the weather service, but I could imagine it was largely negative with regard to the upgrade.

3 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

I'm not particular hopefully with the primary ul divergence/llj surge of precip to yield any snow.  We might have a better shot tomorrow night with the wrapround.  That being said, you up in Vaughan have a better shot than those of us closer to L Ontario.  

Looks like my call of 2-4" is going to bust.