Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22nd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

sn10_acc.us_mw.thumb.png.6d094dea797d5085774b6c6e5cb99456.png

Literally in the center of the bulls eye of the 9.1/9.3 on that map... Lock it in!!! Just need some favorable winds off the lake and a few bands setting up nicely for at least 1/2 of that to pan out...

Regardless, it has looked pretty out there much of the last 36 hours... Finally like winter!!!

12 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

sn10_acc.us_mw.thumb.png.6d094dea797d5085774b6c6e5cb99456.png

The GFS has been downright terrible, but the EC sucked pretty bad as well.  Overall all model performance is pretty shitty as a whole.  We really don't know what's going to happen until we're less than 24 hours from an event.  From a forecast standpoint the best option is to pick the most lame outcome (similar to ALEK's approach) and you'll usually be right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Finally ripping snow here. Nice fat flakes. But doesn't look like this will last super long tonight

ILX did indeed issue a late advisory  (along with DVN)for Canton, Galesburg and points south ..

PIA airport from the first wave per climate data :

.1 late WED, 1.5 thru 4pm Thursday  so total 1.6 first wave

final report for Thursday 3.2 . so another 1.6 up to midnight yesterday from wave 2

Event total so far 3.3 .  as of midnight

but per hourly obs... another .2 inches of precip falling 12-3am ...so more after that

2 hours ago, LansingWeather said:

This storm is pure garbage over here...Tried to get some fun, we were flipping back and forth between sleet and snow. Saw some heavier returns to my west, thought i'd see some large flakes. When I got there everything turned to rain. So that was lame.:arrowhead:

Nothing but rain here with a very light dusting yesterday morning. 

8 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

NAM says Toronto could get 3-5" of cement by Sunday lol. Seems like areas near the Lake will likely get <2". 

I'm surprised how quiet EC is.  Not even a SWS for east-central Ontario.  I guess they think models are a degree or so too cold at the sfc.

Here, I think a snowfall storm total at YYZ of 2.0" is your o/u line.