Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

29 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Hilarious..... I am showing my age.  This was an expression used by Dick Motta when the Washington Bullets won the NBA Championship in 1978.  I guess someone will move this to Banter but we are between model runs....I will sing an opera if we get a 6 inch storm this year.

Methinks the only operas that are going to be sung are Madama Butterfly, given the trends.

But hey, who knows?  We still have plenty of time for PDIII and even SSII (1993 redux).

So there's that!

Jeez, does it really matter?  We're tracking baby unicorns here. Even if this thing does track west enough, its progressive with limited phasing and moisture so its a nothing burger for 75% of this forum...maybe you people that have significant elevation have hope, but otherwise this is nothing and pretty much has been nothing.

• Confused 1

Just now, LP08 said:

Too much ICON talk but this was the panel with the "Slightly East and Weaker Comment".  I know I am pretty much dead at my location but folks west and north certainly are in the game.

6z ICON.png

12z ICON.png

Even there its marginal at best and if signifcant rates arent involved its mostly white rain and limited accums...I know we're desperate this winter but this aint the one

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Jeez, does it really matter?  We're tracking baby unicorns here. Even if this thing does track west enough, its progressive with limited phasing and moisture so its a nothing burger for 75% of this forum...maybe you people that have significant elevation have hope, but otherwise this is nothing and pretty much has been nothing.

No offense, but if you aren't interested in following the models and what could or could not happen, regardless of where you live and how big or small the unicorn is, then please don't comment anymore in this thread. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I hope you are correct.  But the EURO Op has not been on board. 

I’m NOT saying the ICON is right. Just that these relatively minor adjustments for a day 5-6 track are probably within normal fluctuations run to run and not necessarily a model trend in the icon. It’s been bouncing around a somewhat similar idea for a while. 

26 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

You are becoming a bit tedious.  

• Like 6

The gfs has a semi closed 500 feature it Minnesota that it didn’t have before. It comes along just at the right time to squash this low a bit to the East moreso than in the prior runs. There are so many pieces flying around it’s probably gonna be within 48 until we know what’s really going on. 

People who downplay this as insignificant are probably correct but I’m pretty sure those of us who are following it aren’t hurting anyone by doing it

2 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

That was never a focus point. It's necessary to have that Lakes cutter to setup a 50/50 for the weekend event. (In theory) Fingers crossed it's still there. TT is only out to 204.

We do “setting up for the next storm” we’ll ... until it’s time for the next storm.

• Like 2