Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

41 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’d bet that you could stat any year, any 16 day window from mid December to mid February and you would get a 30-40% chance of a 3” snow.

I use it for trends.  Over the last month, the probs have been lower, but agree until we see it going up under 5 days, it does not mean it is going to snow.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

We don't want that to close off at all before it's east of the MS. Airmass is already marginal. Cutting off the flow early will spin up a lot of warm air

What about n/s sw where do we want that to be so it doesn't interfere with ss energy? Looks like 156 has it in sw MN

Just now, Bob Chill said:

That dig to mexico and early close is a disaster. If we haven't struggled with cold air start to finish this year I would consider tossing the gfs. Fits into the eps big rainstorm idea

Hm...but with a track like that...can ya trust it? I could see if it was a difference like 18z with where the dividing line was...but in this case it was a completely different look. Strengthens a case for tossing it, imo...

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Hm...but with a track like that...can ya trust it? I could see if it was a difference like 18z with where the dividing line was...but in this case it was a completely different look. Strengthens a case for tossing it, imo...

It's not an unbelievable run though and fits what the gefs and eps show as the mostly likely outcome. Certainly cant punt yet because that's silly. Can't ignore what the majority of the data shows tho