Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

30 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

If models were showing some weak surface low forming and racing out it would be one thing...Maybe a long shot but with something like this on the table it's worth following.

Btpn7Vb.png

GFS hangs  a lot more cold air back in Ontario and Quebec than any other model.    All models have been trending away from that idea so I wouldn't count on it verifying.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

The densest posters live in the highest concentration population areas?

Mattie g's version of vice versa is funnier than the actual "vice versa" version, which would be the macabre:

The densest population areas live in the highest concentration of posters.

23 minutes ago, Amped said:

GFS hangs  a lot more cold air back in Ontario and Quebec than any other model.    All models have been trending away from that idea so I wouldn't count on it verifying.

Come on...we've got a 5 day gfs sounding and a h84 nam with a ull over N Arkansas.  :weenie:

What more do you want? 

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

We need that 999 low out in the Atlantic to pull our storm off the coast. For the life of me i cant remember what that effect is called lol

The Fujiwhara effect? :arrowhead:

Snowicanes collide. 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Hell of a rainstorm on the GFS.  

The only way we pull this off is if the upper and mid level lows stay south and then pass east. Overhead or nearby or anywhere west at our latitude is a complete fail. I'll reserve my excitement for when all ops agree on the south then east track

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The only way we pull this off is if the upper and mid level lows stay south and then pass east. Overhead or nearby or anywhere west at our latitude is a complete fail. I'll reserve my excitement for when all ops agree on the south then east track

This is a goner, IMO.   I'm focused on what you were focused on in the pipeline.

43 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Yeah vastly different, like the MLK pic by the way....classy

Agree, I like that photo too, @stormtracker (have see you use that every year around MLK day).  Sorry to be too off-topic, but it reminds me that I have been meaning to go out to the MLK memorial either early enough in the morning or in the evening, to get a photo of the granite carving of him.  I've walked by there on a few occasions early evening, and think a side profile shot of that carving with the light at that time of day would be amazing if I can capture it right!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Agree, I like that photo too, @stormtracker (have see you use that every year around MLK day).  Sorry to be too off-topic, but it reminds me that I have been meaning to go out to the MLK memorial either early enough in the morning or in the evening, to get a photo of the granite carving of him.  I've walked by there on a few occasions early evening, and think a side profile shot of that carving with the light at that time of day would be amazing if I can capture it right!

Yeah, it's an amazing memorial.  And you noticed I swapped it out every year around this time!  High five brotha.  

Ok, to be on topic, I think we're cooked for Saturday....although I will be in NYC...unfortunately.  I would have cancelled of course if we were going to get anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1