Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If we get a flip it’s unlikely to be solely mjo driven. 

Agreed.

I am thinking you may mean the NAM state.  

A week ago, for a period of a few days, it appeared the NAM state may change to the better, at least neutral, along with some indications even going slightly negative.

Now it is a steady + 1 to +2 AO .  Getting anything to change up North has been a case in futility. 

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I think that was about where it was at 12z (except 12 hours later) before it transferred and gave west of 95 something. (Hey I asked yesterday about why rain-to-snow was more rare around here. And I was wondering about how it happened with Commutageddon!)

still close enough to track....

0z was much better. Angle of attack on the primary and transfer was much more favorable. Events like this usually drop some snow even with a west track. With the mids torching in front the only way to get real snow is to be west or nw of the low at all times. 0z was trying to do that. 12z isn't even close 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Looks like a good weekend to be in Canaan.  Which just happens to be my plan.  Wouldn’t mind a WSW event to materialize while I’m there!  Sure beats praying for a miracle to see a sloppy inch in Montclair lol

Me Too!  If I get snow in Canaan I am good with this dumpster fire of a winter!  If it can’t snow there it can’t snow anywhere!  Hopefully this storms winds up and we get favorable lake effect. I am there sat to to Tuesday 

2 hours ago, Ji said:

we need @psuhoffman to tell us how this can happen and why it wont....does anyone have any information about the FEb 88 storm...it was 53 degrees  before the storm and we got a foot of snow with temps in the 36-37 range

Please no....keep him away. I'm convinced he is our hex. Seriously joking but since he decided to take a hiatus things began looking up. Funny how that works. ;)

• Haha 3

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

This is such a crazy setup that I think model swings might just be as crazy. Typically you’d get a bad feeling from the euro run but this time might be different.

Maybe things have a way to pan out for your area, but I just dont see a way to get metros and I95 into this ballgame

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Me Too!  If I get snow in Canaan I am good with this dumpster fire of a winter!  If it can’t snow there it can’t snow anywhere!  Hopefully this storms winds up and we get favorable lake effect. I am there sat to to Tuesday 

I’m there Thursday night to Sunday.  I was there for a week after Christmas.  A couple of the days it was like 60 degrees.  I did see some grappel one night lol.  So I’m hoping for 6-12 out of this storm and I’ll be sound as a poynd

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This is such a crazy setup that I think model swings might just be as crazy. Typically you’d get a bad feeling from the euro run but this time might be different.

There arent really crazy swings at the surface tho. Haven't seen one hit for I95 cities yet. This has been and still is a far inland and elevation event. Hope I bust wrong and we get plastered but not seeing it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No significant changes on the Eps for the weekend.  If anything at h5 Eps is a bit south of the Op. Mean Lp local did bump a bit nw of last run but also some stronger lows in the mix .  

so still worth watching