Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Let’s see if that gulf coast low jumps to Kentucky as well

too me this kind of pattern is more exciting than the -EPO dry and cold pattern that the models were advertising. 33 and snow/rain  is better than 19 and dry

• Like 3

Just now, Ji said:

that storm was nuts...so picturesqe...heaviest wet snow ive ever seen. think it all melted the next day lol

Yeah, only one day out of school with 15 inches where I was. If this vort passes to anyones south, they would get some crazy rates for a while. 

14 minutes ago, Ji said:

we need @psuhoffman to tell us how this can happen and why it wont....does anyone have any information about the FEb 88 storm...it was 53 degrees  before the storm and we got a foot of snow with temps in the 36-37 range

It can happen because anything can happen.  It won't happen because we live in the Mid Atlantic.  You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yep, straight to Kentucky. Crazy stuff. If you had told me that with 5 days of each other I January that we had two lows on the gulf coast I would have been salivating thinking they would come straight up the coast.

they still might or at least...inner runner

12 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Brother, you're either all in or all out. You decide. If you're in, I nominate you to start the thread, on Friday. :)

Ha!  Ok all in.  Why not. But starting a thread?  Only clowns and my wife scare me more.  And my wife dressed as a clown of course.  The minute I posted the thread things would take two steps back.   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MD Snow said:

CMC sucks if you're looking for a positive trend. On the GEFS and EURO. 

That model is awful. We did however have a storm a few years ago that flirted with us and looked good for a bit but then the low started showing up further and further inland. I kept saying that a storm wouldn’t track up the spine of the apps and then it proceeded to track right over my house lol.

20 minutes ago, Ji said:

this is the most interesting pattern of the year...i still like bobs storm despite GFS...its very close

It's looking like a SS shortwave is going to track across the deep south. Basically universal agreement for long leads. That's encouraging.  The hard part is the northern stream. We have to have some sore of respectable hp tracking above it. Any type of weakness in the NS and there will be no cold and a west track. Won't really know how that breaks until later this week

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'll say this... if my yard is pounding rain while 20 miles west is pounding fatties next weekend I may go off the rails in epic style

This does look like a 1 or 0 with R/S line.  Hoping the 0 is East of me along the fall line.