Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

GFS is trying.  Still not there for the cities, but every run gets a bit closer.  We might have a legit event to track.

GEFS will be telling. Will be looking for any shift east in low track. It really wouldn't take much for a shift east of about 100 miles at a 5 day lead. 

So close and yet so far away given the winter we've had up to this point. 

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Absolutely craziest storm evolution/track I’ve ever seen. Maybe more experienced people have seen similar but I can’t think of a time that I’ve ever seen this.

You can still count me in the I’m not a believer camp.

It's much more like a mid march storm than Jan. Slow rolling cutoff under a big upper level ridge is a spring pattern. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's much more like a mid march storm than Jan. Slow rolling cutoff under a big upper level ridge is a spring pattern. 

March like storm in Jan.  That has to be good...or not.  Can’t get better time climo wise.  Who knows. It’s tracking so what the hell

Crazy trends, would be fitting for something to almost kind of just pop up out of nowhere and give us our awaited storm in a set up that isnt ideal. But I guess my question is how much better can this trend? I guess we can get it done with dynamics but with a stale cold air mass im just not sure how cold it can get in the metros

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

we need @psuhoffman to tell us how this can happen and why it wont....does anyone have any information about the FEb 88 storm...it was 53 degrees  before the storm and we got a foot of snow with temps in the 36-37 range

That was Feb 87. Temps hit upper 40s where i was but were at 37 when it started and hoovered around 32 all storm. Was a triple phaser actually. 

• Like 1

Just now, Huffwx said:

That was Feb 87. Temps hit upper 40s where i was but were at 37 when it started and hoovered around 32 all storm. Was a triple phaser actually. 

that storm was nuts...so picturesqe...heaviest wet snow ive ever seen. think it all melted the next day lol