Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The chickens to the dirty lew will have a good pack after this one. I suppose up by PF land too.

I could see 5-8” up in this neck of the woods once you tally in all the residual terrain light snow on Sunday.  Might be tough to shut off the terrain snow for a bit.  

I’m thinking 3-5” initial burst and 2-3” fluffer nutter topping from -SN most of Sunday.  

Its frigid at -6F and highs only expected in the teens...I’m getting on the train of slightly higher ratios than climo for SWFE.

All kidding aside, Its a quick moving system about 12hrs or so with a good front end thump so i can see 3-5" for many with some areas in the 5-7" range where you get some enhancement from the CF, Up here its all falling at night so it will be plenty cold and ratios should be a little better then your typical SWFE, Start time here is between 4-7 pm and will be pretty much over by 7-8 am or so to just some left over fzdz.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is what GYX is thinking, This is 1:00am here when some of the heavier rates should be overhead..........

image.thumb.png.c0a340a9fdb3a7ead7384bb4f6648415.png

That's lower than what I had thought (just based on what was being bandied about in SNE).  That explains advisories.  Not too bad for you and points north though.

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Managed -1 here, but I think the clouds stopped any free-fall (it was already 3 when I went to bed at 10:00).

Was about -15 at 4:30 this morning, 10° less cold by 7 as clouds overspread.  Saw IZG with -16 during the period 1-7 AM and -5 at 7.  Some -20s in Aroostook.  GYX going with advisory atm with progged totals right at the edge of warning criteria.  P&C has 4-7 overnight and 5-8 total. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

That's lower than what I had thought (just based on what was being bandied about in SNE).  That explains advisories.  Not too bad for you and points north though.

You can toggle thru 12hrs but its pretty much those ratios, If you were to look at the clown maps, The kuchie is probably a better fit because i think those are 12:1?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

All kidding aside, Its a quick moving system about 12hrs or so with a good front end thump so i can see 3-5" for many with some areas in the 5-7" range where you get some enhancement from the CF, Up here its all falling at night so it will be plenty cold and ratios should be a little better then your typical SWFE, Start time here is between 4-7 pm and will be pretty much over by 7-8 am or so to just some left over fzdz.

It’s a quick 6-8hrs here but it’s 6-8hrs of snow we haven’t had in 40 days. Victory.

• Like 4