Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Not sure I would call any of this a 'thumper'... Especially in SNE.

It's improved mildly today, but I'm not sure a single model supports anything over about 7 inches for anyone in this forum....unless there are like 15 to 1 ratios or higher...which there could be, but it is hard to forecast for that.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's improved mildly today, but I'm not sure a single model supports anything over about 7 inches for anyone in this forum....unless there are like 15 to 1 ratios or higher...which there could be, but it is hard to forecast for that.

I've seen a number of qpf maps for svt snh over to Jeff which are showing .6+ qpf.  GYX says good ratios for first part of storm.  Wouldn't that translate to 12-15:1 and 6-10 inches?  There has to be a reason why both GYX and BOX are being pretty aggressive.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I agree. I’m a little surprised. This thing will be in and out so fast. It’s going to be hard to achieve those numbers. 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

The watch for southern VT was 7-17"

I could see Mitch's area there getting an additional 6" of upslope combined with the IVT hanging back....but for the rest of the non-orographic dwellers, they def won't be getting double digits unless they get super lucky in some fluff band.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Based on BOXs new map, those watches are going over to advisories. I'm utterly shocked!

Makes sense.... there is very little confidence anyone will see warning amounts... let alone a large enough majority to justify a warning.

I promise you though... a few people will get 6 or 7” and you’ll here “blehhhhhhhhh, should have been a warning, we got 7 inches!!”

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I've seen a number of qpf maps for svt snh over to Jeff which are showing .6+ qpf.  GYX says good ratios for first part of storm.  Wouldn't that translate to 12-15:1 and 6-10 inches?  There has to be a reason why both GYX and BOX are being pretty aggressive.

4-7” and call it a day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It's possible...but this is like a 6 hour storm for the meaningful precip. I'm a little skeptical of QPF that high...though the Euro has been showing it. Euro did back off some on the 12z run, so we'll see if that continues tonight.