Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

eliminating the cuteness beginning today!

When did you move to Milford? I'm actually aiming to move down there sometime in the spring. Can't wait...only a 20-minute commute to work as opposed to an hour 

Bought a house here back in September, but actually had been renting in Milford prior to that for about 4 years.  The downtown area is up and coming and you can get a nice house down here for about half the price you would pay down in the Gold Coast of SW CT. Taxes are low too. I would definitely recommend as long as you don’t mind sacrificing some snow lol.

My commute is only 10 mins. My fiancee takes the train to Stamford but even then it’s still only about 45 mins.

49 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

No! Less snow down there! Where do you work? Move to a southern CT hill-town! 

Branford. I can always go stay with my aunt in Windsor Locks during the good snow events :pimp: 

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

Bought a house here back in September, but actually had been renting in Milford prior to that for about 4 years.  The downtown area is up and coming and you can get a nice house down here for about half the price you would pay down in the Gold Coast of SW CT. Taxes are low too. I would definitely recommend as long as you don’t mind sacrificing some snow lol.

My commute is only 10 mins. My fiancee takes the train to Stamford but even then it’s still only about 45 mins.

How is the mill rate? When I moved from West Hartford to Windsor Locks my car insurance dropped like $50 a month or something. windsor Locks I think has 4th lowest mill rate.

A friend of mine from school is looking to buy a house and myself and another friend would essentially rent out rooms..but I'm fine with sacrificing some snow. I'm not a fan of driving in that type of weather anyways...heck, I hate driving in rain when it's dark. I can't see at all

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Branford. I can always go stay with my aunt in Windsor Locks during the good snow events :pimp: 

How is the mill rate? When I moved from West Hartford to Windsor Locks my car insurance dropped like $50 a month or something. windsor Locks I think has 4th lowest mill rate.

A friend of mine from school is looking to buy a house and myself and another friend would essentially rent out rooms..but I'm fine with sacrificing some snow. I'm not a fan of driving in that type of weather anyways...heck, I hate driving in rain when it's dark. I can't see at all

27.74, which is really good for down here. I certainly could recommend areas in Milford to move too as well.

Also you will almost always be driving to catch severe. As you know the coast is where storms go to die lol

3 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

27.74, which is really good for down here. I certainly could recommend areas in Milford to move too as well.

Also you will almost always be driving to catch severe. As you know the coast is where storms go to die lol

I won't mind that really...I work at the coast anyways so I would have to drive lol.

But now I'm finally at a point to where I can get out west and catch some real t'storms 

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Still was a lot more tucky vs prior runs so maybe it’s a question of a slow cave?

The mesos show this. I'm in, but I guess the question is, is this more near 128 or one of those events that goes down into nrn PYM county. Starting to lean more into SE MA category. 

I feel like the NWS offices have gone a bit wild on this one....but maybe it works out. Ratios could make it possible...if we're like closer to 15 to 1, but I am always hesitant to count on that. Def some guidance showing the crosshair sig.

We could also still subtly trend that shortwave sharper instead of getting ground up...that would juice it up a little more too.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like the NWS offices have gone a bit wild on this one....but maybe it works out. Ratios could make it possible...if we're like closer to 15 to 1, but I am always hesitant to count on that. Def some guidance showing the crosshair sig.

We could also still subtly trend that shortwave sharper instead of getting ground up...that would juice it up a little more too.

My experience with GYX is they tend to be really conservative on amounts--at least they used to be.  They've been saying 4-8" for me since last night.

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My experience with GYX is they tend to be really conservative on amounts--at least they used to be.  They've been saying 4-8" for me since last night.

4 is totally reasonable...8 is gonna require some ratios or a juicier trend...which could happen BTW. I'm probably nitpicking anyway. For all we know, this will ramp up the next two cycles and then this will all be moot.

But the fast moving nature of this and lack of good strong DPVA is still bothering me a little for widespread warning criteria....though the latter has subtly trended better today.