Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Late winter?  Midpoint of heating season here (by HDDs) averages Jan 20/21, extremes 1/13 (09-10) and 1/28 (06-07.).  For snowfall it's Jan 31/Feb 1.  IMO, late winter arrives about a month from now.

Yeah I’m on the 3-5” train up here

That's probably a good guess for here as well.

I'm being facetious, Dr Arid says we're rolling into late Winter.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah technically for met winter we are more than half over, so saying we are rolling into the second half or late winter isnt really innacurate. 

“Late winter” implies that it’s more than 2/3 over. We are still very much in mid-winter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Late winter?  Midpoint of heating season here (by HDDs) averages Jan 20/21, extremes 1/13 (09-10) and 1/28 (06-07.).  For snowfall it's Jan 31/Feb 1.  IMO, late winter arrives about a month from now.

Yeah I’m on the 3-5” train up here

That's probably a good guess for here as well.

It's squarely into middle-aged and beginning the back nine.

18Z NAM BUFKIT for WTBY. lift is kinda weak, not loving the look but its not awful either. 4.1" on straight 10:1. 5.1" on "max temp in profile" which starts out as 18:1-->10:1 at end, avg around 12:1.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7a38893651b315d65c44235747887a27.JPG

Still liking 2-5 for much of the state save S/SE coast. a 6 spot is not out of the question in the NW or NE hills. Ill do a first call map shortly as we are just under 48 hrs from the event.

Coolwx omega profile.

omeg.thumb.png.07c8d738846281cca2c341342ca473ea.png

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks like folks no longer care for 3-6”. 

yeah this place is a ghost town for what could be the biggest event of the season for at least southern half of CT, RI and SE MA. 

Plus we got some cold air to lockin whatever falls, except for those 30s the day after, its pretty frigid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks like folks no longer care for 3-6”. 

This is what years of blockbusters do. High expectations and lots of hyping. We will all learn to appreciate the 3-6 inchers in time again just like the late 80s and early 90s. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

It’s gonna be my biggest event of the season with any luck. That being said, I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Same.

Plus it will be absolutely frigid tomorrow in the 20s and near 10 tomorrow night. Which means the snow that falls this time will stick to the streets, sidewalks, driveways and anything paved. I've been gettin real tired of all the events we've had that with wet roads and driveways. Looks like this will be something to plow for once.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Same.

Plus it will be absolutely frigid tomorrow in the 20s and near 10 tomorrow night. Which means the snow that falls this time will stick to the streets, sidewalks, driveways and anything paved. I've been gettin real tired of all the events we've had that with wet roads and driveways. Looks like this will be something to plow for once.

100%. I don’t know what it is, but a storm that results in wet paved surfaces from the jump is a downer.

24 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

I’m in if it’s 3-6. Hadn’t checked recently and was just thinking 1-3, which is bleh. But the newest models have me a little more invested now.  Daytime snow too.

Wrong. Some light snow falls at day maybe. Well see if it trends that way but ECMWF is all nighttime. Starts at 4pm.