Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

No posts in an hour tell you exactly where this is headed.

Gfs is very meh.... doesn’t look like anyone in SNE would see more than a few inches with that look

Lol a couple inches would increase my seasonal total by like 40%. We take every flake at this point.

I think the lack of posts on this storm is just that it's fairly uninteresting and hasn't changed a lot. It's been like a 2-5" for literally days for most of the forum....a run here or there strays maybe an inch or two from that range, but that's it. We haven't seen solutions that give 10-12" that sometimes come with SWFEs.

The lack of a really solid vort and DPVA leaves me thinking that there's no real reason to expect a big positive bust either. I'd prob go 2-4/3-5 and call it a day. An outside chance at a 6 spot for a few if that crosshair sig verifies and there's a good band for a couple hours that drops a quick 3-4".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup, everything on track. Not much to discuss unless some crazy changes occur. The nam at some point will be good for that.

The NAM will probably have a run or two inside of 36 hours that dupes everyone into thinking we'll get 6-8" on a big WCB thump, and then it will go back to a more sheared mess that actually makes sense given the upper air look.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The NAM will probably have a run or two inside of 36 hours that dupes everyone into thinking we'll get 6-8" on a big WCB thump, and then it will go back to a more sheared mess that actually makes sense given the upper air look.

Will just to be clear, are you talkinng SNE (which I assume) or CNE NNE as well.  I'm expecting 4-8 here just based on what I've seen from the computer runs the last 2-3 days.

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Will just to be clear, are you talkinng SNE (which I assume) or CNE NNE as well.  I'm expecting 4-8 here just based on what I've seen from the computer runs the last 2-3 days.

8 might be optimistic there. I think the forecast is about the same for SNE and NNE...aside from SNE coastline which would get less. Maybe enhance NNE by an inch? Two? There's nothing overly impressive in this one.

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Probably soon time to start the countdown to May 1st thread...and this year's is extra special since I'm 95% confident in going to OK!!!!!!!!!

This is what I'm thinking for CT. 3-4'' for most

2099002418_1stcallsnowmap.png.9a36596e6e9b00ebdd70fd415d708f15.png

Decent map.

But who cares about the May 1st thread when it's Jan 16th.   Hopefully we can get the winter going in a decent direction next week.  There's plenty of time for spring when spring gets here.

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Decent map.

But who cares about the May 1st thread when it's Jan 16th.   Hopefully we can get the winter going in a decent direction next week.  There's plenty of time for spring when spring gets here.

It's the equivalent to spring training or training camp...build up the mindset towards severe and and discussing past events (this is the practice) to fine tune skills before the season starts

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

What I'm wondering is why the Kuchera maps are depicting 20:1 ratios when that is very unlikely in reality.

b/c it's a ridiculous method designed to enhance the wet dreams of weenies. 

yeah let's multiply a snowfall ratio by model QPF and call it a snow forecast....woohoooooo

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

8 might be optimistic there. I think the forecast is about the same for SNE and NNE...aside from SNE coastline which would get less. Maybe enhance NNE by an inch? Two? There's nothing overly impressive in this one.

Yeah I’m on the 3-5” train up here... looks like a quick burst of like a third of an inch of QPF then dry slot.

I could maybe see SVT/SNH with a scattering of 5-6” amounts.

48 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

We're rolling into late Winter, so May isn't far away.

Late winter?  Midpoint of heating season here (by HDDs) averages Jan 20/21, extremes 1/13 (09-10) and 1/28 (06-07.).  For snowfall it's Jan 31/Feb 1.  IMO, late winter arrives about a month from now.

Yeah I’m on the 3-5” train up here

That's probably a good guess for here as well.

• Like 1