Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 18-19 SWFE

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

sn10_acc.us_city_bos.png

Yeah pretty decent. Keep in mind we have to shave a couple inches off over the interior there because that snow map is including tonight/tomorrow morning. 

I'd like to see a little bit better DPVA slamming us from the southwest to go more than 3-5" but beggars can't be choosers...there's still time. 

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

OKX is extremely conservative, which i disagree with at this point.

Quick burst of snow, then over to rain for everyone. Raised temps above guidance. They also feel everyone in their CWA, including CT will be below adv criteria with the only chance being Orange county.

I agree it looks a bit pessimistic. Though I can see them staying conservative given its 84 hours out and then they can always start ramping it up tomorrow and Friday if that colder thump is looking likely. 

I know from my experience forecasting to clients that backpeddling is a little harder than ramping up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tickle, tickle.

I wonder if from you to me (near Dendrite) to Jeff might get some decent ratios in both of these events and a shot at double digits by Sunday night?  It is cold at upper levels at least on the weekend which could give good ratios (although I know the temp in the DGZ is critical).  I don't know about ratios tonight.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I agree it looks a bit pessimistic. Though I can see them staying conservative given its 84 hours out and then they can always start ramping it up tomorrow and Friday if that colder thump is looking likely. 

I know from my experience forecasting to clients that backpeddling is a little harder than ramping up. 

That's generally their modus operandi. 

52 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I wonder if from you to me (near Dendrite) to Jeff might get some decent ratios in both of these events and a shot at double digits by Sunday night?  It is cold at upper levels at least on the weekend which could give good ratios (although I know the temp in the DGZ is critical).  I don't know about ratios tonight.

Getting to double digits with both storms? I think that was a given here anyways right now.