• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
WINTER ARRIVES THIS WEEKEND EVENT JAN 18-19, 2020

Albedoman

That line has been holding together nicely. I've also been following the obs down in the MA and there is almost no virga with that line. That brings up a question tho. If that line comes through and we get some snow, does that line itself moisten up the atmosphere so that when the next batch gets here we won't have to deal with virga?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Fields27 said:

That line has been holding together nicely. I've also been following the obs down in the MA and there is almost no virga with that line. That brings up a question tho. If that line comes through and we get some snow, does that line itself moisten up the atmosphere so that when the next batch gets here we won't have to deal with virga?

Here is a zoomed out view of it.  It still feels to me that it may dry up some on the front, but we'll see. It has held together so far...

radar-pulled-out-01182020.png

12 minutes ago, Fields27 said:

I'm thinking that is correct, hoping it's not hours until the main batch gets here.

Eta - under bright greens here now but nothing yet...

2 minutes ago, LVwhiteout said:

Is this for the Obs thread or are we reporting now time here?

I would think based on the past that obs could be posted in event threads like this along with the model analysis (to distinguish from the general "non-event" obs thread).

EDIT - see that Ralph started a separate obs thread.