Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 18th Event

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

So all the fuss for a Saturday snow shower. OMG. :thumbsdown: 

This is the way it has been trending for days, unfortunately. I'd feel a lot better about it if the long range was still looking as promising as it was when this event started trending south, but we've even lost that now. I'm just hoping that initial band gives me a good hour or so of snow. Otherwise, I'm not expecting to see much other than a little sleet and a little rain.

6 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

This is the way it has been trending for days, unfortunately. I'd feel a lot better about it if the long range was still looking as promising as it was when this event started trending south, but we've even lost that now. I'm just hoping that initial band gives me a good hour or so of snow. Otherwise, I'm not expecting to see much other than a little sleet and a little rain.

Guess we better set a Saturday morning alarm. Don’t want to miss the last 15 minute snow event of January. :arrowhead:

Well...at least I always have my last can of Fresca to get me through this terrible time.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

That stringy upper air warm  front and then nothing for hours is yet another varied depiction and in this case a rarely  occurring one 

And yet it’s been consistently shown across all guidance for a couple of days.  I am like you in thinking it looks odd, and am hoping it develops.

But if it does show up in the morning exactly as progged, you would have to say it’s a testament to the skill we see in NWP, wouldn’t you ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

And yet it’s been consistently shown across all guidance for a couple of days.  I am like you in thinking it looks odd, and am hoping it develops.

But if it does show up in the morning exactly as progged, you would have to say it’s a testament to the skill we see in NWP, wouldn’t you ?

The way it's projected is a very short burst and then nothing for hours then rain. I don’t think that will happen . Also it has not been projected that way for “couple days” 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

27/9

Be nice to crack an inch for the winter (LOL). A half inch would do it, but my forecast was downgraded to "little or no accumulation" :(

I really am moving.

You have the most reason of anyone in here to be a cranky miserable arse wrt snow yet you are one of the most level headed posters. It’s easy for me too have a positive attitude given my climo/results but I admire your rationality. 

I do hope your location breaks the drought soon and or you find a snowier spot. Even up here I dream of moving somewhere like North Conway NH where 100” is a common occurrence. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

You have the most reason of anyone in here to be a cranky miserable arse wrt snow yet you are one of the most level headed posters. It’s easy for me too have a positive attitude given my climo/results but I admire your rationality. 

I do hope your location breaks the drought soon and or you find a snowier spot. Even up here I dream of moving somewhere like North Conway NH where 100” is a common occurrence. 

I want to move there, just nw of Portland Me, Auburn Me, or bite the bullet and move to Rangeley, Me. New Hampshire and Maine are incredible

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

The way it's projected is a very short burst and then nothing for hours then rain. I don’t think that will happen . Also it has not been projected that way for “couple days” 

Here is the past 8 runs of the 12k NAM.  Timing differences skew the position somewhat but the same general idea of that slender front-running band has been consistent:

image.thumb.gif.8373b5ac7b5a77971167c3c494b5a19a.gif

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I want to move there, just nw of Portland Me, Auburn Me, or bite the bullet and move to Rangeley, Me. New Hampshire and Maine are incredible

Been to Rangely when skiing the loaf. They always have a ton of snow. They don’t quite get the huge totals from coastals though as on the southeast faces of the mountain range. But they hold snowcover due to the cold being protected from coastal warm ups. Having been to rangely and n Conway on the same trips often (combining wildcat and loaf) Rangely will always have more snow otg but in a big storm Conway gets the bigger dump. Trade offs. 

Conway still has snowcover much of winter so I think I would sacrifice the crazy pack Rangely has from November to May...literally they usually still have a 2 foot pack in late April even...to get those crazy coastals. I still want to be able to root for those and watch the crazy death bands on radar.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic