Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 18th Event

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nothing will top the Feb 07 sleetstorm that turned into a glacier. My friend was an xray tech and she worked two 18 hour days from slips and sled accidents. Lol

ICON is .5 qpf all frozen. I'm sure some is sleet. Models agree most of the area is below freezing for most of the precip. Mid 20s the night before will freeze the ground. Could be an interesting storm for not much snow

Yeah, I this point, I've given up on the snow angle.  I'm in for ice now.  Don't gotta drive in it for work anymore, powerlines are buried....sh*t, why not.  come on, at least 1/4 inch.  

• Like 1

Icing events are among the most difficult patterns to predict in the MA. Low 30s won’t cut it for optimal accretion. Ideal is less than 30F and rates come into play. Strength of the WAA and resilience of the CAD. I’ve never seen any model handle it perfectly in this area, not even the colder solutions. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

The high res NAM is a bummer for folks around DC.  delays the precip long enough that the low levels warm.  It's out of its range but that is a scenario that I could see happening as I've seen it happen occasionally in the past. 

Temps aside, there’s just no precip on the 3k NAM. It’s a showery cold front passage.

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

NAM is still not in trustworthy range.

But one can’t feel good about this thing right now.

ive been chasing a damn lakes cutter all week hoping it throws some WAA snow out ahead of it. I'm going down with the ship. 

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic