Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE/CNE Snow Special Thursday 01/16

dryslot

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s a 1 in 300 year storm . 2-3 feet with winds 90-110mph. Buried in snow with grid failing wind . Wish we lived there 

Absolutely. Forget about 1 in 10-20 year like someone said before.

Widespread 3'-4' with those winds!

I assume YYT is shutdown. Impressive being that they rarely shutdown

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

These are some shots (not mine) from the battery, a cliffy area of st. John's where an avalanche came into someone's house. There was an avalanche in a similar crazy blizzard that killed 5 in feb 1959. FB_IMG_1579309064541.thumb.jpg.599c419a8694a842674e059a666adfe2.jpg

FB_IMG_1579309052767.jpg

Make the most out of this cause it probably won't happen again for a very long time. I'm sure you're on cloud 9 anyway. These are totals you only see in the Sierra's or Rockies and usually even those don't come with winds you're experiencing.

Can't wait to see more pics/videos and official totals after this one. Pretty cool that you got to see it in a lot of daylight too.

Well after going through White Juan, I can say the aftermath of the storm sucks. I do not envy that part. You can’t move really. A prisoner of wherever you happened to be snowed in at. Then you have the clean up to look forward to. Been there done that. I’m ok watching this from the sidelines. Best of luck Nick. Congrats on witnessing history.