Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE/CNE Snow Special Thursday 01/16

dryslot

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Updated at 9:45 by GYX, I think we end up with all of that, Maybe even that enhanced zone that south of here should be a couple tics north

image.thumb.png.147e86b77c799563efdc9a676a584ef0.png

Pit2 ftw.  Throw on another 4 or so this weekend and it will have a decent fresh coating.  A sight for sore eyes for those of us in the warm and rainy tropics.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Transitioned to good upslope snow... big flakes.  Wind picking up.

A little over 7" of fluff at the ski area.

I measured 0.3" liquid in the 6" that fell this morning, very light. WV had about 8-12". My Enforcers are 100mm underfoot and could have used a wider ski! Not used to skiing this 20:1 ratio. We don't get much of it.

I'm currently cashing in on some backside snows. I doubt more than inch though. 

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

This really had the look and feel of a late March/early April light snowfall. Surface temps marginal, and bulk of accums on warmer surfaces occurred before the sun came up...Shortly after sunrise, hit 34ish and white rain/rain snow mix...2pm and greater than half of what had fallen is gone. 

Snow is still plastered on the trees up here. High was only 33°

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Snow is still plastered on the trees up here. High was only 33°

Elevation FTW? Temp never increased much, but mid 30’s with high dews did their work to eat most of the 1-3” that had accumulated. Had the look/feeling that if this event had started during the day we would have had significantly less...just seemed odd for mid January, especially with mid to Upper 40’s for highs yesterday...

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if my place gets the 5" (or 6) portrayed on the update.  Been mainly under the less rich echoes so far.

Maybe up to 3" in Augusta, moderate snow.

Color me surprised - talked to my wife about road conditions and learned we had 5+ at 3 PM, probably not much after.  Very light and tiny flakes now at Augusta.