Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE/CNE Snow Special Thursday 01/16

dryslot

2 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Marko, I was talking about the Thursday storm, most of the mesomodels show the low more south, towards the Outer Cape instead of north of Provincetown.  Honestly if this solution verifies we will know by the time it reaches 73 W longitude.  If the low is south of 42N latitude passing this longitude line, then we get a snow event even on Cape Cod, if the low is north of that line then we get rain to snow.

You may get an hour of snow followed by light rain with maybe a parting snow shower.  Enjoy.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I am so confused by what James is posting, ha.

I mean it is cemented that N NH and S ME will see 4-8" of snow, especially the higher in elevation one is, but I am still watching the short range models for the backend of the storm and see if it clips the Outer Cape with snow tomorrow afternoon to bring some ocean effect or storm related bands into the area.  The HRRR/RAP models are trending towards a SE moving low track, and the moment of truth is around 6z Thursday when it reaches 73W.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Friendly advice James, if you're expectations are always high, the chance for a positive bust are very low.

They aren't high with this system, I was just pointing out that the models weren't showing a dry system for Cape Cod.  However, latest trends are for a little too far north for my area.  That band of a foot plus of snow is about 100 miles too far north for me.  Well congrats to those that live where average snowfall is over 150 inches.

19 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm wondering if there will be any accumulating snow here, NWS has a rain/snow mix and a low of 33F. Currently clear skies here and 27F.

Probably one of those deals where we have shallow cold air that mixes out once the cloud cover comes in and the  wind picks up from the south.  It's not great having the low track to our north but perhaps at the onset of things we could get a mix or even a light coating

3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Probably one of those deals where we have shallow cold air that mixes out once the cloud cover comes in and the  wind picks up from the south.  It's not great having the low track to our north but perhaps at the onset of things we could get a mix or even a light coating

I think our low is tracking south, satellite imagery and observations as of 03z shows us the low is tracking eastward not northeastward.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I think our low is tracking south, satellite imagery and observations as of 03z shows us the low is tracking eastward not northeast

Yes there  has been a subtle shift south  and colder on guidance but we would really need another 50 miles or so, at least as far as Connecticut is concerned.