Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE/CNE Snow Special Thursday 01/16

dryslot

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah quite a bump south.

Ha ...I was just coming in to type, "hey guys, the Euro appears to have bumped south"

The only thing different between this run and the antecedence is that the physics are coming over land as of the 12z initialization ..over San Francisco ... 

JMA had this solution yesterday, by the way -

I'm liking the southward bumps today. Looks like I may be in play for this little event after all with a little front end dump overnight tomorrow and then some upslope type stuff on Thursday as the low strengthens off to my E and NE. 

We desperately need snow here. The pack is currently less than it was at this time during the much maligned 2015-16 winter. I have about 70% coverage (depth ranges from 1-6") but that still leaves 30% bare. It definitely has that early April mud season vibe here right now with the dirty snow and mud everywhere.

May that torch we just had rot in the deepest depths of weather history hell! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

I'm liking the southward bumps today. Looks like I may be in play for this little event after all with a little front end dump overnight tomorrow and then some upslope type stuff on Thursday as the low strengthens off to my E and NE. 

We desperately need snow here. The pack is currently less than it was at this time during the much maligned 2015-16 winter. I have about 70% coverage (depth ranges from 1-6") but that still leaves 30% bare. It definitely has that early April mud season vibe here right now with the dirty snow and mud everywhere.

May that torch we just had rot in the deepest depths of weather history hell! 

Amen to that.  I was happy to get a dusting last night just to turn the ground a little white.  A few inches heading into the weekend event will be nice.  Lift in the DGZ as the storm tomorrow tracks right overhead looks good so maybe a nice period of moderate snow.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks.  It doesn't really show ME, but extrapolating what it's showing along the coast in far southern areas is far from exciting.

My post above still holds true.  That said, I thought the map was for the weekend, not tomorrow night.

Check my edit, also how hard is it to check times on a map

33 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks.  It doesn't really show ME, but extrapolating what it's showing along the coast in far southern areas is far from exciting.

My post above still holds true.  That said, I thought the map was for the weekend, not tomorrow night.

This was never supposed to be a big hit.  A few inches to whiten the landscape.