Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

These light snow events before mixing has been the default pattern since last winter. Very 70’s to early 90’s like. You learn to appreciate any snow that you get.

Yep. The past two years I have been glued to CC on RadarScope tracking the mix line. I’m longing for a all snow event lol.

Nice event either way in a crud winter. Good tracking with you guys. Time to go shovel the ice crud off my driveway. Enjoy the snow to those that are still getting it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Hey Walt. I've never been any good at figuring out storm movement speeds and when they get to different places. When do you think that line makes it to the I684 corridor? 

Might not make it...may still all snow then end as freezing drizzle or freezing rain showers around 01-03z./19??  seems like northward push of IP is slackening. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Damn, same here with sleet snow mix (mostly sleet) - by the cc-radar a tongue of sleet looks to have developed along 78 from Allentown to Somerville and then along 287 to Perth Amboy.  Hoping the precip behind it, which is not showing a sleet signature is back to snow (with heavier precip - will see shortly as heavier precip is on our doorstep) and not freezing rain, since it's 26F at the surface and that would be a mess. 

Unfortunately, the sleet was relatively short-lived, as I got 0.1" of the pellets, so 1.7" total snow/sleet, and now it's moderate freezing rain at 28F, but it is climbing. Nobody was really predicting 0.2" or so of freezing rain for much of the area. Fortunately, much of it will fall on snow and be absorbed rather than creating skating rinks, although cleared, non-treated paved surfaces, especially lightly traveled ones, could become very icy with instant accretion with temps in the upper 20s, so be careful out there for the next few hours until temps go above 32F.  At least we should wake up to some snow/slush.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Always keep your gas can FULL with super unleaded and fuel stabilizer in it. Trust me.

Just took it out again. I don't think its the gas. Ran well for a few minutes than starts losing power. I've been around enough lawn mowers and snow blowers and junk cars to know when something is up. So a pro will have to look at it. Besides, the gas is just fine in my other blower. The one that sparks fire...other than that it runs ok....

• Rjay unpinned this topic