Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

I just measured 1.7" inch here, and yeah it's sleeting here too. Lighter intensity precip, so it could flip back to snow is some heavier stuff moves in.

Man we are desperate need for something bigger than this. But it was nice to see. Hope we manage another one before spring!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I can’t recall any case where we saw 2-3 inch amounts in the metro with a track like this.  The high was just well timed.  It wasn’t even in a great spot.  The storm just arrived with the high and the airmass in place.  

Let's hope for many more.

10 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

It's running rough like it's fuel starved. Could be a mouse got in there and clogged something up. Or bad gas, though my other snow blower worked fine on the same gas. A little snowmelt may have gotten into the fuel because the plastic cover on my portable gas can blew off. Or could be a spark plug. One clue, when I tilted it back to check the rotors, it ran a lot better. That sounds like some sort of fuel issue to my amateur self. I love the electric toro, but it is pain to deal with the extension. And the cordless ones just ain't there yet IMHO.

Oh. You didn't mention earlier the rough idling/running. Could very well be bad gas, water in fuel rather than mouse, which I doubt. If you were missing a gas cap to your can, most likely that your problem. Even with a gas cap on, if can is left outside and NOT FULL, you will get condensation on the inside of your can. Always keep your gas can full. And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, use only super unleaded with fuel stabilizer in any small engine.

7 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Damn, same here with sleet snow mix (mostly sleet) - by the cc-radar a tongue of sleet looks to have developed along 78 from Allentown to Somerville and then along 287 to Perth Amboy.  Hoping the precip behind it, which is not showing a sleet signature is back to snow (with heavier precip - will see shortly as heavier precip is on our doorstep) and not freezing rain, since it's 26F at the surface and that would be a mess. 

Unfortunately don’t think we will get saved like last March lol. The sleet line blew through here and currently getting beat back south of ewr. Nice winter night either way. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Oh. You didn't mention earlier the rough idling/running. Could very well be bad gas, water in fuel rather than mouse, which I doubt. If you were missing a gas cap to your can, most likely that your problem. Even with a gas cap on, if can is left outside and NOT FULL, you will get condensation on the inside of your can. Always keep your gas can full. And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, use only super unleaded with fuel stabilizer in any small engine.

I'm thinking you're right. It started after I put the new gas in, which may have gotten some snow in it. Well actually it likely did. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one. Not sure why the two stage one ran ok with it. 

Just now, weatherpruf said:

I'm thinking you're right. It started after I put the new gas in, which may have gotten some snow in it. Well actually it likely did. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one. Not sure why the two stage one ran ok with it. 

Always keep your gas can FULL with super unleaded and fuel stabilizer in it. Trust me.

12 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Congrats. We sneaked in a snow event in this pattern. Hopefully late Feb and March make us happy.

These light snow events before mixing have been the default pattern since last winter. Very 70’s to early 90’s like. You learn to appreciate any snow that you get.

• Rjay unpinned this topic