Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

After the lull, moderate snow started back up about 10-15 minutes ago and we're now up to 1.0". Guessing another hour or so before the sleet gets here, assuming it moves at its current rate - that would likely put us near 2" before what would likely be a few hours of sleet. Temps up from 23F to 25F over the past 2 hours so the warm air advection is certainly ongoing.

Over the last hour we had mostly light snow or no snow, getting only 1/4" more, so we're at 1.25". However, moderate snow is on our doorstep and will hopefully fall for the next hour or so, if the sleet can hold of (it has stalled out near Trenton). Temp is up to 26F.  Enjoying my walks outside and watching the young ones sledding across the street at a small hill, where I used to take our son (now 25) - by the time he was 11-12 we had to upgrade to driving out to Schooley Mountain in Long Valley.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Over the last hour we had mostly light snow or no snow, getting only 1/4" more, so we're at 1.25". However, moderate snow is on our doorstep and will hopefully fall for the next hour or so, if the sleet can hold of (it has stalled out near Trenton). Temp is up to 26F.  Enjoying my walks outside and watching the young ones sledding across the street at a small hill, where I used to take our son (now 25) - by the time he was 11-12 we had to upgrade to driving out to Schooley Mountain in Long Valley.   

My cousin used to live near there. He's a judge now. Time passes. I used to take the kids to Roosevelt before they put up the skating rink. Last time was the big Jan 2001 New year's blizzard.

• Like 2

Looks like we're finally seeing it push east
Hopefully if it's heavy enough it is snow. I want to take a walk after dinner and would rather do it in snow than sleet. I still think the sleet holds off around me till after 8. Hopefully.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

• Rjay unpinned this topic