• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

You can already see the 3km NAM is going to bust on sleet.  It had it further east than it is by 22Z 
Yes the 3k was too aggressive with bringing sleet in. I think we hold off for a few more hours around the city. Looks like southern LI is still snow so that's a good sign.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Yeah the sleet line really isn't racing like a lot of people are reporting. And many areas behind enemy lines are still switching back to snow. 
Plus I think down there the sleet has a lot to do with low rates. When it gets heavier it goes back to snow. So I don't think it's a line racing NE at this point.

Just now, Barman49 said:

Plus I think down there the sleet has a lot to do with low rates. When it gets heavier it goes back to snow. So I don't think it's a line racing NE at this point.

This

2 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

Yes the 3k was too aggressive with bringing sleet in. I think we hold off for a few more hours around the city. Looks like southern LI is still snow so that's a good sign.

I doubt we switch to sleet until it's basically winding down. 

40 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

HRRR never gets sleet into N Jersey until 10pm but it's just about over by then. I'll take my 3 or so and run with it.

Can't make this stuff up, since this model was showing a quick change to sleet much of the day - now I hope it's right, lol...like I just said on FB, I have no clue what's going to happen, so I'm going to continue going for walks and watching the kids sledding on the small hill across my street.  

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Can't make this stuff up, since this model was showing a quick change to sleet much of the day - now I hope it's right, lol...like I just said on FB, I have no clue what's going to happen, so I'm going to continue going for walks and watching the kids sledding on the small hill across my street.  
sn10_acc.us_ne.png&key=7d49808391a7155902863631032ce10b5fa5f66790e457e160e5b2fbfb4854da
Yup between last winter and the start of this one I'll take 3+.

• Rjay unpinned this topic