Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Just went for a nice walk with the wife in the snow, doing some eating and shopping downtown. As of about 12:30 pm we had 1/2" of snow and we got another 1/4" in the last hour, so we have 3/4" on the ground at 23F. It really is gorgeous out there folks!

After the lull, moderate snow started back up about 10-15 minutes ago and we're now up to 1.0". Guessing another hour or so before the sleet gets here, assuming it moves at its current rate - that would likely put us near 2" before what would likely be a few hours of sleet. Temps up from 23F to 25F over the past 2 hours so the warm air advection is certainly ongoing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Wantage...this part...8 s High Point   1.2" at 355P  no ice pellets yet but expecting sometime around 5 or 530P.  20.8F  posted 403P/18

Hey Walt. I've never been any good at figuring out storm movement speeds and when they get to different places. When do you think that line makes it to the I684 corridor? 

4 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

The models were a lot warmer with the temps didn’t factor in evaporative cooling and dynamic cooling as always. Cold with moderate snow here in the Bronx at 27 degrees. 1.5 inches easily.

I find 1.5 hard to believe I’m 3 miles from the Bronx and I have 0.5 if that 

Just now, JustinRP37 said:

Show a pic then because I’m trying to upload one and there is still grass poking through and I’m on the tallest ridge south of White Plains. 

Okay next time I go outside which will be as soon as my wife feeds the baby, I will take a picture with a measuring tape. By then it should be around 2 inches

Looks nice out, but goes in the books as entirely forgettable. Started up the snow blowers to see if they still work, my 10 year old MTD from Costco ran and sounds better than the Sears Craftsman single stage which I bought last year. Maybe there wasn't enough snow for it to work well, but it was loud and ran rough. God help me if I need to change the sparkplug, you have to take the whole thing apart. I'm so sick of expensive crap that works once ( if that ) and it's done. Good luck getting anyone to honor a warranty; the list of exclusions can make you dizzy....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

This looks like a mainly snow event with some rain at the end for the NYC area. Temps are still in the upper 20s.

Mixed precip and/or sleet is steadily moving our way. Some dynamic cooling may offset this at times, as is the case near the PA/NJ border now.

codnexlab.NEXRAD_DIX_N0C.20200118_2124.006ani.thumb.gif.70efbf70d9efcb21cf5c3c08eb2eab2e.gif

• Rjay unpinned this topic