Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

wdrag

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

A true win this season.

Hopefully it doesn't get washed away though. 

It all depends, obviously, but if one gets 2" of snow and 0.3" of sleet, then that's about 0.3" frozen LE and if the amount of rain that then falls is <0.3", most of the rain would be absorbed, making for a fairly dense mass of slush - in areas to the NW where it will likely go below 32F later at night, it could make for some cement.  Shouldn't happen along the 95 corridor and SE of there, as temps don't look to fall back below 32F until Sunday night.  Still, I just want to see some white stuff for more than a few hours, lol.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

It all depends, obviously, but if one gets 2" of snow and 0.3" of sleet, then that's about 0.3" frozen LE and if the amount of rain that then falls is <0.3", most of the rain would be absorbed, making for a fairly dense mass of slush - in areas to the NW where it will likely go below 32F later at night, it could make for some cement.  Shouldn't happen along the 95 corridor and SE of there, as temps don't look to fall back below 32F until Sunday night.  Still, I just want to see some white stuff for more than a few hours, lol.  

Hope that happens for you folk down below. We actually had a couting of snow this afternoon which has all non paved surfaces white. Temp is 30, so it's not going to melt. Maybe evaporate with the wind? Hopefully we could eek out 4" Saturday,  which would put me at 20" for the season thus far. Rumors of a possible more significant storm next weekend to close out January? My gut tells me we will get to our average annual snow fall, at least for my area.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Hope that happens for you folk down below. We actually had a coating of snow this afternoon which has all non paved surfaces white. Temp is 30, so it's not going to melt. Maybe evaporate with the wind? Hopefully we could eek out 4" Saturday,  which would put me at 20" for the season thus far. Rumors of a possible more significant storm next weekend to close out January? My gut tells me we will get to our average annual snow fall, at least for my area.

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

The trends today have been positive in starting the city below freezing at the beginning of the storm, this would really help with accumulation

Dry cold ground, instant accumulations especially if it comes in like a wall like the Nam is depicting. Also we get into the deform band at the end when it’s trying to sleet and rain up

• Rjay unpinned this topic